Ebook ideas

Ridge Runner

Lil-Rokslider
Headed to the Gila on Friday for a second archery season elk hunt from Idaho. Driving through some desolate country with out much FM coverage. Any suggestions for some good Ebooks to kill the time. Hunting themed preferable.

EastMT

WKR
Headed to the Gila on Friday for a second archery season elk hunt from Idaho. Driving through some desolate country with out much FM coverage. Any suggestions for some good Ebooks to kill the time. Hunting themed preferable.

CJ Box series is excellent fiction, Wyoming Game warden crossed with rambo if you like action.

Undaunted Courage, Lewis and Clark journey dissected, very good

Rinellas stuff is good.

Just started the first of Brad Thor’s series, Lions of Lucerne. Not hunting themed but very good action/thriller/terrorist book.

The Last Season by Eric Blehm. It’s about a NPS backcountry ranger that disappeared in Sequoia and Kings Canyon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Across the Fence in Vietnam. Crazy firsthand accounts of SOG missions in Laos and Cambodia. It’s read by the author. He was on Jocko podcast and those are great episodes as well

def90

WKR
I like podcasts for long distance drives.. Rogan podcasts with Cam Haynes, Steve Rinella and others, Remi Warrens podcast, MeatEater podcast, Randy Newberg and a slew of others..

Beendare

WKR
I just finished Micheal Connelly's, "The Poet", "Scarecrow" and "The night Fire" ...he is quickly becoming my favorite author. Best not to read poet and scarecrow back to back.

If you haven't done the Vince Flynn books....Mitch Rap series, I don't know anyone that doesn't love them.

Jack Carr has a couple good ones [Savage Son, True Believer, ] , the guy is an ex SEAL and he writes incredibly well.

Then there is Mark Greaney with the Gray Man series [best to do them in order] those are good with the Gray Man being a bad ass with a conscience.

Those^ should keep you busy for a few months.......grin

___

grfox92

WKR
Across the Fence in Vietnam. Crazy firsthand accounts of SOG missions in Laos and Cambodia. It’s read by the author. He was on Jocko podcast and those are great episodes as well
Download and listen to Jocko Podcasts with John Stryker Myer, the author of the book mentioned. It's 8 hours of interview and stories both from the book and not. It will keep you on the edge of your seat. I just ordered all the rest of his books last week. Awesome stuff.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Another vote for Jack Carr. Liking the terminal list a lot.

if you are going cormac McCarthy go for blood meridian. No kids in the car though.

empire of the summer moon

bat-cave

WKR
Jmort1754's list is very much inline with my own!
+1 for all of Three of Jack Carr's books
+1 Brad Thor / Vince Flynn
I have really enjoyed all of CJ Box's books as well
James Rollins is another great author not mentioned previously
Gregg Hurwitz (Orphan X novels)
Jack Mars (Kent Steele series)
Mike Rowe's "The Way I Heard it"
David Goggins "Can't Hurt Me"
Ben Coes (Dewey Andreas Series)
William Forstchen (After series)
Don Winslow "The Cartel"
Mark Greaney (Gray Man series)
Scott Anderson "Lawrence in Arabia" Very different, but fascinating if you enjoy history)
Also for history buff's ... Dan Carlin's podcasts are awesome and great for long drives! Long, but they pull you in!

OP
Ridge Runner

Ridge Runner

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the reply. Got a couple downloaded hitting the road in 4 hrs. Short little 18 hr drive then I'm hunting the Gila!