Egg heads

4rcgoat

WKR
Just read a report about the consumption of eggs leading to cardiovascular disease and early death,stating that 3 eggs a WEEK can be too much. On a regular week I may consume 3 eggs a DAY! How many people out there agree with this statement and if so........what the heck am i going to eat for breakfast from now on?

bobinmi

WKR
Does it come from the same people that told us that processed carbohydrates should be the foundation of a healthy diet? I eat at least a dozen eggs a week and I have been far healthier since I moved over to a "primal" type diet.

zacattack

WKR
Just read a report about the consumption of eggs leading to cardiovascular disease and early death,stating that 3 eggs a WEEK can be too much. On a regular week I may consume 3 eggs a DAY! How many people out there agree with this statement and if so........what the heck am i going to eat for breakfast from now on?

Correlation does not equal causation.

Ratbeetle

WKR
It seems like every few years eggs are either good or bad. I eat 4-6 a day and have for years. I don’t have any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in this camp. There was a time when I ate a 6 egg omelet every day...for years. BP and cholesterol numbers are normal.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Back in the 80's I saw a report that said bacon causes cancer. I made it my lifelong pursuit of proving that report wrong by eating mass quantities of bacon whenever I could. So far so good at almost 54. I'm not a big breakfast guy, but I'll eat eggs and other breakfast items for dinner or lunch a lot. I had always read that it was the cholesterol in the yolks that was supposedly the problem. That's why you see "egg-white" omelettes and such on menus. But I never have given what I eat a second thought.

OP

4rcgoat

WKR
Yeah I love all these damn studies. I dont buy into it one bit,I'm not going to stop eating eggs anytime soon,just cant believe how crazy the misinformation can be anymore.

I had always read that it was the cholesterol in the yolks that was supposedly the problem. That's why you see "egg-white" omelettes and such on menus. But I never have given what I eat a second thought.

That is a fact about the cholesterol. You can still eat eggs just cut back on the yolks.

JWP58

WKR
Ya they also believed they caused high cholesterol, and then figured out that the majority was simply genetics.

Eggs are good, even the yoke. They contain good fats and protein. If anyone told me eggs in an of themselves were bad for me, I'd tune them out.

If you eat enough eggs to affect ldl numbers, I bet you eat a crap ton of eggs.

Last edited:

SW hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I think orange juice and grains are bigger concerns at the breakfast table than eggs. But what do I know really, I am just buying into the current dietary opinions or trends. In 20 years everybody will be on to something different and probably scoff at this like they do the idea of the 4 food groups.

Coffee was said to be bad, now it is good. What about alcohol, bad for you? Not really, now you read studies where it is recommended to drink a little to reduce cholesterol. Remember 20 years ago when they removed the oil from the popcorn in the movies because it was coconut oil, and it was bad for you? Now you hear that coconut oil is good for you, and health food stores sell it to add to your food.
If you hear that eggs are bad, just wait a month-then they will be good for you again.

Beendare

WKR
Funny how these recommendations go in phases....back when I was a kid they said the same......then the recommendation did a complete 180 saying eggs were one of the best complete foods you can eat. Now another 180- sheesh.

I'm not going to stop eating eggs. Everything in moderation.....

*zap*

WKR
Some eggs are better than other eggs. Good eggs are an untouched, unprocessed source of good nutrients....good eggs have a very dark yellow yolk that is close to an orange color. Yolks are very nutrient dense. I have a 4 egg/1 large avocado omelet on multi grain bread almost every day for breakfast.