Electric lawn mowers?

stxhunter

FNG
I’ve got an ego lawn mower and been very happy with it. The dual blades do a pretty good job mulching the grass. The 10ah battery provides plenty of run time for my needs.

I have been looking at switching to an electric push mower fora 1/4 acre lot. I was looking hard at Milwaukee. I wanted to keep all the batteries the same for all my power tools. After seeing more than a few reviews, I am going to let Milwaukee work the bugs out of their mower. They have been having issues with QC. Wheel bearings over pressed, mower is cutting in and out (sounds like a switch issue), uneven cuts, bags coming apart at seams, etc. Not trying to bash them, I like all the other stuff I have from them.

I am looking and going with EGO, just for lawn care and snow. If they are working well on a commercial level, one of the first post, then my place will be no big deal.

hp48gx

FNG
I’ve used an ego for about 5 years now in my yard. Been happy and it runs fine. The only problem I have is compared to my old gas mover, the suction of the electric isn’t as good. So, it doesn’t suck up all the dead leaves as well. I have to rake the stuff.

I strongly dislike the Ryobi I got. It claims you can mow 1/2 acre on the 2 4ah batteries that come with it (the normal Ryobi batteries are only 1.5-2?).

The only way I can mow my 1/4 acre lot on 2 batteries is if the blade is set up pretty high. If I want to do any significant mowing on a lower setting, the batteries are toast in 5 minutes. I ended up getting a junky old gas mower for $50 to mow my larger front yard, and just use the Ryobi for the back. It is sweet how light it is, my wife uses it a lot!