Elk age class

What states manage their elk via age class and not bull/cow ratios? So far google has lead to believe Utah and some of Idahos limited access units are managed that way. I want to start applying for some elk opportunities next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrench

WKR
The only way that will work is in 100% limited entry units....in which case, every one is based on maintaining a bull to cow ration as a primary and age class as secondary. 6 point minimum units would be your focus....BC has such areas.

Utah does by age class.
It works but reduces opportunity because on a unit managed for 7.5 year old bulls killing a 350 inch 4.5 year old bull is a management failure.
Figure out draw odds before you commit to the utah draw with a belief you will draw a top end unit...

OP
A
Utah does by age class.
It works but reduces opportunity because on a unit managed for 7.5 year old bulls killing a 350 inch 4.5 year old bull is a management failure.
Figure out draw odds before you commit to the utah draw with a belief you will draw a top end unit...

I would love to have opportunity to hunt utah but I would rather hunt otc elk that are younger and more often then once every 30 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk