Elk Backstrap

Huntinaz

Lil-Rokslider
If I’m not cutting bone-in steaks I also leave them in 10” or so sections to either grill or sear and roast. A nice trick is to brush the meat with English mustard (I use Coleman’s) while it sits after it’s done cooking but before you slice into steaks. I like to let it rest 10 minutes or so. Good stuff

7uNZ9eL.jpg

Cut into roasts and reverse-sear to medium rare.

Most recently I rubbed a roast with montreal seasoning and vacumm sealed with rosemary, butter and olive oil. Put in the sous vide for 4 hours at 130 degrees, then removed, patted dry and seared (500+) on the grill for a minute per side. Rest for 5 minutes, then cut and enjoy. I could go a little rarer than this, but the family prefers this level of done-ness.

IMG_0828.jpg

I usually cook them medium rare on an open oak bbq pit.
Here is a piece of Backstrap I butterflied and stuffed with cream cheese mixed with sautéed onions,garlic,jalapeños and wrapped in bacon. It was a major hit at deer camp and a staple now.
This is exactly what we just had for supper. My daughter are all the bacon at breakfast the other day so we couldn't wrap them. Only difference is that I sear the steaks then cook them in the oven at 350 until desired doneness is reached. One of my favorite meals.

Looks delicious!

I like to add some chimichurri sauce with mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jn78

Lil-Rokslider
Elk backstrap seasoned with salt and pepper and seared in olive oil in a cast iron pan was my dinner tonight. The best part was my 4 year old looking at his plate and asking if it was deer or elk for dinner tonight.

Bbrothe1

FNG
Freeze in 10” pieces, then grill whole or cut into 1”steaks to medium rare. Just a little Salt and pepper for seasoning.

Boiler

Lil-Rokslider
Wrapped in bacon then on the grill for a little bit.

Attachments

• IMG_20191006_141719879.jpg
    IMG_20191006_141719879.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 2