Elk Hunting/ Family Camping Tent Suggestions?

elkliver

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 12 x 15 Bravo wall tent. Can't recommend enough. once you learn the trick of setting up, it can be done really quickly. With 2 people, tent set up just takes a few minutes. I can do it by myself, but will admit its a lot easier with help

Zach75

FNG
How well can you seal up the bottom of a wall tent for use in snakey/buggy east coast summers?

Qholum37

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 14x16 wall tent with stove and it’s awesome for longer trips and 2+ people but not fun to set up and take down. Last year I got the 10x14 Kodiak and it’s been awesome for shorter trips and a couple guys. Can be set up and taken down in damn near 10 minutes. Nice to have both options. 4 people would be tight in the Kodiak and I don’t think it would be possible using cots.

Zeke6951

Lil-Rokslider
Yes, sleeping 4 on cots in a 10x14 Kodiak Canvas can be done. I have done it. My son, his 2 sons and I spent a week camping in a KC on a bird hunt. We did not have a wood stove but we did use a buddy heater just before bed and when we got up in the mornings to take the chill off. Nighttime temps got below 20 degrees. Each man stored his extra clothes and gear in a tote under his cot. We cooked and ate out side. Was tight but we made it and had a great hunt.
I have done 3 on cots several time. Not too bad. Even had room for a small table.

Here are your options: Do you want to hear “Wow great choice dad it’s so cozy in here it’s better than home! Can we do this again?”

Or “Honey I’ve had enough. I’m cold and miserable. Everything is damp. The kids are cranky. Can we leave”

Get the wall tent……

svivian

WKR
I’d go Kodiak cabin tent and buy the awning enclosure so that you can extend your sleeping room. kids can sleep out in the awning area while you and the wife are in the main. The new ones come with a stove jack pre installed.