Essential upland bird gear for under $30

welkin

FNG
Trying to figure out a gift for my dad, big pheasant guy. He already has everything, but what are some non-obvious game changers you take with you? In my family, we do simple, inexpensive gifts.

Wrench

WKR

Something like this is cool for photos and mulit species.

Amen, that’s an annual purchase for my dogs. They last longer but my pups like looking good in the field as much as my daughters love buying new shoes.

depending on what hat he already wears, an orange baseball hat with black on the bottom of the bill.

Ten Bears

WKR
these are all pretty damn good gift ideas.

nice work.

If he doesn’t have a membership to RGS or PF those usually run $35 bucks. Also a yearly subscription to the pointing dog journal is pretty inexpensive for a quality bird mag.

samc

Lil-Rokslider
A havalon or outdoor edge replaceable blade knife is always in my truck for cleaning birds and would make a good gift!

Tleek

Lil-Rokslider
If he doesn't have them, game shears, i actually bought a pair of commercial poultry shears, have been a game changer for me. They make dressing birds and small game so much easier.

If he doesn't have them, game shears, i actually bought a pair of commercial poultry shears, have been a game changer for me. They make dressing birds and small game so much easier.
If you go this route, look for shears that come apart at the hinge for easier/more thorough cleaning.