Euro mount your pet dog?

Hmmm. Not for me.

However...Roy Rogers had Ole Trigger and his dog, Bullet, stuffed and mounted. Even the Dukes horse, Dollor, was stuffed when it died. I guess to each there own.

Only reason I can think of for keeping any spare dog parts around would be to make a clone. I’d give my trigger finger to have my old dog, who died at 17 back as a puppy. Makes me tear up just thinking about it.

That's not the most screwed up thing I've ever seen. Someone showed me a post of an ex co-worker who tanned the hide of his dog & wore it around his neck. He probably has someone tied up in hos basement too.

I think the thing with tanning hides or doing mounts etc is that people are unlikely to perform those tasks themselves. At least from what I gathered in the comments (someone mentioned keeping their dog in the freezer for a few months), people are doing these Euro mounts themselves and, well, decapitating, skinning out the head of your dog and then pouring their cooked brains down the driveway just seems like another level. At least at the level of intimacy with dogs we are talking in this thread, dogs are family. So, to live with a dog for 15 years and then perform that task is hard to wrap your head around. If you can maintain the type of objectivity to do that to your pet dog, you probably are incapable of the type of emotions that would inspire you to want to preserve a skull in the first place. And that just makes the whole thing weird.

My daughter has a friend who got her three legged rescue greyhound articulated after his death. It really creeped my daughter and her German shorthair
f73469ca2f45df395b1a515f90af9c65.jpg

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Thats awesome.

My mom is a taxidermist, and I remember fairly often growing up, folks would call asking to have their dog or cat mounted. She had a firm policy against it. No matter how good of a taxidermist you are, they would never look exactly like the animal the owner spent years with. Really surprising how many people would consider it... Closest she got was a local guy that had bucking bulls. She did a couple of them over the years.

I had my last three labs cremated but gotta say that little cedar box is not as creepy as that skull.

Am I the only one that noticed this, what’s all that bullshit she’s got tattooed all over her leg, arm, and hands?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back