Ever find cactus needles in meat?

kpk

WKR
I was just cutting some meat and found half dozen or so cactus needles in a piece. Now I'm paranoid. I obviously threw that chunk away but am concerned there may be more that I didn't see. We took quarters off directly into game bags and then layed them on the ground. Obviously one of them got layed down on one those stupid 2-3" SOBs. I kept everthing that was in that game bag seperated- but now what?

Keep looking is all you can do. Here we occasionally find black locust thorns in bucks that have been fighting. If not festered up too bad we just cut around them.

OldInNV

FNG
I was just cutting some meat and found half dozen or so cactus needles in a piece. Now I'm paranoid. I obviously threw that chunk away but am concerned there may be more that I didn't see. We took quarters off directly into game bags and then layed them on the ground. Obviously one of them got layed down on one those stupid 2-3" SOBs. I kept everthing that was in that game bag seperated- but now what?
I find them in chukar here in NV at times, but not often.

Seth

WKR
Barbary sheep/aoudad here in NM have their shanks full of them. We pluck them out while skinning and go over them thoroughly while butchering and have had no ill effect.