Exercise Equipment

Ratbeetle

WKR

Devil's tricycle. Great workout. Had one of these for 4 years now with no a single issue.
Definitely a love hate relationship with the one in my garage.

Bama67

FNG
the Echo bike is great if you actually want a workout; its SOO much harder than a regular bike. I love the HIIT programs because I can smoke pretty much my whole body in 5 minutes. And its built like a tank and is comfortable and doesn't destroy your gooch like a regular bicycle.

We have a Bowflex treadclimber, peloton bike, and water resistance rower. I used to use the treadclimber till it fizzled out, never been on the bike but my wife loves it. I’ve used the rowing machine twice in year. lol I’m terrible I know. I really like the rowing machine a lot but I can’t get myself motivated to use it regularly.

ritter26

FNG
I've had the Assault bike for 3 years and been satisfied with my purchase (very similar to Rogue bike). It's around $700 now. Typical workout is 3 rounds, 8 x 20s sprint / 10s rest. Very effective workout and low impact on the joints

Theres few stationary bikes that will seek out your soul like the Assault or Rogue Echo. The only 2 cardio pieces I need are the Concept 2 Rower and a Assault Bike. The devils tricycle is real.

All kidding aside, Ive had an assault bike for probably 8 years and havent had the first issue with it. I probably use it 2-3 times a week and the rower 2-3 days a week. Both work more than just legs like a treadmill or other cardio machine. I have used the Rogue Echo quite a bit, and between the Echo and Assault, its a toss up - but Id say the echo is a bit more taxing. If you plan on using them for longer workouts, Id go with the Assault. If you plan on doing more short interval training, go with the Echo.

I cant even begin to imagine the time and miles that Ive put on that assault bike over 8 years. I think Ive changed the batteries for the display when needed, and MAYBE oiled the chain twice. It just keeps going.

tyco

FNG
A Schwinn IC4 for $500 is the lowest I’ve ever seen it. We’ve had this bike for over three years. It’s held up well. For anyone not wanting to fork over more for a Peloton or Assault bike.

I love and hate fan bikes, but if she’s not currently into HIIT workouts it’s not the way to go. We have a Nordictrac S22i, kinda like a peloton. My wife really likes it, you can choose whatever length and intensity of ride on the screen. I think it’s a decent bike.

Alternatively a gym membership that does group fitness classes is a little cheaper in the short run if she’s just getting started. My wife isn’t good at getting out and exercising on her own but finds comfort in others doing it and motivating her at the same time. I typically advise against people going out and buying a new piece of equipment if they’re not already consistently working out, the equipment typically gets used 10x then collects dust in the garage waiting to get listed on Craigslist.

My wife and I bought a Peleton tread and bike during their sale 2 years ago and we use them both several times a week. I also have some dumbbells and a bench and can’t imagine going back to crowded gyms. It’s been great. And I used to be Peletons #1 hater, thought it was the dumbest thing ever but have been really impressed with classes and the equipment seems to be of good quality. Also got interest free financing for 5 years so I think it was a pretty good deal.

Longplay

FNG
So I have a rower that I bought and use 3-4 times weekly... my significant other has decided to better herself wants to get into some home exercise. She would like some cardio device, preferably a bike. Do you guys have any input on stationary bikes in the 1k range?
Bike: peloton and assault bike.
Other - kettlebells, plyobox

Jn78

Lil-Rokslider
I think a lot depends on her. Age? Goals? Current fitness level? Does she want to cycle outside too? Maybe an assault bike is best for her. Maybe a road bike and a trainer for indoor use. Maybe a recumbent indoor bike. Maybe a peloton.