Exo bag on a stone glacier frame.

Ndstevens

Lil-Rokslider
I have a stone glacier frame and I was wondering if you could put an exo bag on the krux evo frame cleanly? Any info is appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I love the exo packs but I love my xcurve frame. I would be interested as well. I used to carry exo bags on kifaru frames with zero issues

I would also like to see if a SO Peregrine would mount on a sg frame. It's an awesome pack.

Last edited:

Baron85

WKR
I actually just received a stone glacier x-curve and have a peregrine. I will try to check it out this week and see what’s possible

fulltiltaudio

Lil-Rokslider
I love the exo packs but I love my xcurve frame. I would be interested as well. I used to carry exo bags on kifaru frames with zero issues

I would also like to see if a SO Peregrine would mount on a sg frame. It's an awesome pack.

out of curiosity, why did you go to SG over Kifaru?
I currently have a new kifaru Lite frame and an older duplex hunting frame.
I am looking to upgrade my hunting duplex but undecided if I want another Kifaru, or SG or Exo.
I am looking at all optionsm but Love the Exo bags. I also borrowed my buddies Exo for the weekend, and it was more comfortable than the Kifaru...but I think that is because I just cant seem to get my Kifaru to fit me right. It iw about to be sent in for warranty though since the top crossmember snapped on me last weekend with 105 lbs in it...
The exo didnt take long at all to fit and be fairly comfortable with the same load.

Thanks

out of curiosity, why did you go to SG over Kifaru?
I currently have a new kifaru Lite frame and an older duplex hunting frame.
I am looking to upgrade my hunting duplex but undecided if I want another Kifaru, or SG or Exo.
I am looking at all optionsm but Love the Exo bags. I also borrowed my buddies Exo for the weekend, and it was more comfortable than the Kifaru...but I think that is because I just cant seem to get my Kifaru to fit me right. It iw about to be sent in for warranty though since the top crossmember snapped on me last weekend with 105 lbs in it...
The exo didnt take long at all to fit and be fairly comfortable with the same load.

Thanks

Everyone is different. Once you get into these good packs it's a matter of letting your body choose which one! I have had 15 kifarus, 3 exos, 3 SG, and 2 seek outside. Kifaru is definitely incredible just doesn't have the mobility of others. The original duplex could haul two tons but felt like a board on your back it was so stiff. I always wanted something that would move with me. The original Exo was probably the best ever and like an idiot I sold it for a newer model. Same with Seek Outside. I sold a great one for their newest which I believe is 5 steps backwards (new belt) compared to previous. Years ago I tried the SG Krux frame and it was unbearable to carry. I recently tried the Evo with same misery. Sent it back and bought the X-Curve. HEAVEN TO CARRY!!! Great carry, support, and movement. Their packs themselves just do nothing for me. I like pockets and such. Buy what FITS YOU and fits you well!! Like I mentioned above. The Exo bags work excellent on the kifaru frames

Last edited:
OP
Ndstevens

Ndstevens

Lil-Rokslider
So still no information on an exo bag to a SG frame? Someone has to have both out of the thousands of gearheads on here or at least is highly familiar with them and could tell me for sure....

SCOGS

Lil-Rokslider
The Exo bags use two side compression straps instead of 3 like SG and you would have to get compatible buckles to go on the frame straps. The current Exo bags have 3/4" buckles on the bottom compression straps and the SG uses 1" straps. The way the two companies attach the bag to the top of the frame is totally different. You could probably make it work but it would be sloppy.

SCOGS

Lil-Rokslider
Oh and the load lifters should connect without a problem, but I've never tried to do what you are wanting to do. I have owned multiple packs from both companies though.

OP
Ndstevens

Ndstevens

Lil-Rokslider
Hey thanks man. This is exactly the kind of information I was looking for. I've just never owned an exo so I wasnt sure on the buckles and webbing. Sounds like the best option is to just run the whole exo system.

md126

WKR
My 2019 X Curve has 2 compression straps and 2 bottom straps, all 1” webbing. If the buckles and straps line up it should work fine.

Maybe an email to Exo and/SG would help clarify.

I love the X curve frame but not loving the bags yet...

My 2019 X Curve has 2 compression straps and 2 bottom straps, all 1” webbing. If the buckles and straps line up it should work fine.

Maybe an email to Exo and/SG would help clarify.

I love the X curve frame but not loving the bags yet...

I'm in the exact same boat. Years ago this is exactly how kifaru made their packs. Completely stripped down with a pouch or two you could add. People begged Patrick Smith to make feature filled packs but with no luck. It was not until Aron Snyder came along and completely changed things. As good as kifaru was. It most definitely would not be where it is today without Aron. I know many who have asked SG to do the same but they are set in their ways as well.

jmsdad

Lil-Rokslider
Did this a few years ago. 1st gen EXO 3500 bag on a SG Krux frame. Bag is on loaner status now and currently for sale if interested.

Zum50LF.jpg

pCsbWbK.jpg

dAUvZ5M.jpg

xvqxN1Z.jpg

Baron85

WKR

So looking at the stone glacier and seek outside frames I have it looks like putting the peregrine on the stone glacier frame would be pretty easy. From the pictures hopefully you can see that both frames have 3 attachment straps up each side and they are pretty close to the same spacing. The issue is the stone glacier uses 1” webbing and the seek outside uses 3/4. If you replaced the buckles on the stone glacier with 1” gatekeepers it should be plug and play. The only other issue I see is the seek outside frame uses a v shapes strap that goes to the top of both sides of frame with a sliding gatekeeper on the middle that attaches center of pack to pull the top tight. There are 2 individual 1” straps on the top of the frame for the stone glacier, not sure how you could combine them into the v shape.

Attachments

• 45EFEB13-F843-49C5-9762-405E30D3F35B.jpeg
    45EFEB13-F843-49C5-9762-405E30D3F35B.jpeg
    336.5 KB · Views: 58
  • AEBC0AC0-FA7A-4654-89D1-6911BDF886C6.jpeg
    AEBC0AC0-FA7A-4654-89D1-6911BDF886C6.jpeg
    345 KB · Views: 57

Ching

FNG
@
Did this a few years ago. 1st gen EXO 3500 bag on a SG Krux frame. Bag is on loaner status now and currently for sale if interested.

Zum50LF.jpg

pCsbWbK.jpg

dAUvZ5M.jpg

xvqxN1Z.jpg
Did you take the bag apart at the seams where the load lifters are attached and re- sew the whole seam?

Dunky

WKR
i used an exo 1800 on a stone glacer evo frame this season. worked great and was not slopping moving around. had to swap out the stone glacier frame buckles to match the exo pack. i just buckled the 3rd strap across the back of the frame under the pack bag since the exo only has 2 side compression.