Exo Hunting Gear

They look interesting. I wonder if that is 450 for just the frame. Titanium is way pricey so we will have to see what they offer. Only adds more options for our gear buffet.

Hopefully Steve posts on this.
Puts up some videos and more info on the pack and features it offers.
Steve knows his stuff so I'm eager to see this pack.

They look interesting. I wonder if that is 450 for just the frame. Titanium is way pricey so we will have to see what they offer. Only adds more options for our gear buffet.

Web site said frame and bag starting at 449. Cannt wait for steve to chime in either would like to see pack in action with 100lbs to see how the frame works better

Thanks guys, its been an extremely fun process with all of the prototyping and testing getting to this point and we are really excited for this year. The price will be $449 (Solid colors) and $499 (camo) for the bag and frame together. We will be doing lots of videos on the pack and its features over the next couple weeks, the first part here was just a quick introduction.

[video=vimeo;83087512]https://vimeo.com/83087512[/video]

Any questions just post them up on here and I'll be happy to answer them.

Steve

Thanks for posting Steve. I will have to try one out on my next pack. I will refer my buddy to it, he is looking for a new pack to try. I bet it's a good system as I am trying out some other things from your site.

Steve,

Can you post a video or picture on attaching a bow and rifle?
How much is the bigger pack going to weigh?
Can you go through the pack and show internal and external pockets and how one might use them.
Show how easy/difficult it is to use the meat shelf area and also with stuff in the pack bag.
It looks as if there is a frame sheet in between the bag and your back. What is this made out of?

How do you adjust the shoulder straps and suspension to get individual fit?

Saw this too, and it is apparent that lots of guys are still looking for the perfect pack setup. Unfortunately, everyone is different and any one pack just can't accommodate everybody. Lots of good ideas coming out these days, which is great for us. Personally, I hate lumbar pads for heavy loads and refuse to have anything except my head higher than my shoulders while in "hunt mode". But that's just me, and I'm probably in the minority.

Nice pack! I like the forward thinking put into the way the spine and hips move while in motion. I like that it can be separated to haul meat out & also like that the price includes everything. other company's you have to piece everything together and they charge for each piece. its almost a $800 by the time you get everything to make the pack functional .Nice work guys!

Well if you guys are like me we are always on a quest for a better pack. After watching the intro video and reading the information on the EXO I am very interested. I really like that size pack and can't wait for more information and videos to come out. Thanks again Steve. When you said available in spring when do you think one could order one of these?

I like the creativity around the pivoting frame... I'd like to see someone test it out and write a 3rd person review... if it handles 100lbs well and doesn't get all floppy side to side, it may be quite the improvement!

I am curious how the warranty will work. I was just thinking about how some people buy gear based on the warranty offered. I know that it is a big factor for me. I would also agree with the 3rd person review. It would be cool if they gave one away on the condition you write a review.

I was just going to start a post about this and guess im not the only one on it. Looks to be a good option. +1 on what sneekee said, would like to see more of the pack and pocket configuration with hunting gear. I keep thinking im ready to order a pack then with all the new packs I keep re-thinking everything.

Steve,

Can you post a video or picture on attaching a bow and rifle?
How much is the bigger pack going to weigh?
Can you go through the pack and show internal and external pockets and how one might use them.
Show how easy/difficult it is to use the meat shelf area and also with stuff in the pack bag.
It looks as if there is a frame sheet in between the bag and your back. What is this made out of?

How do you adjust the shoulder straps and suspension to get individual fit?

We are going to be doing a lot of videos in the coming weeks with more information and details. We will definitely make sure to cover all those topics.

We are anticipating the bigger pack to be about 4oz heavier so you are looking at 4lbs 8oz.

No frame sheet, we designed the frame panel so that it pulls tight from top to bottom against the Titanium frame so there isn't any flop.

The shoulder straps are essentially micro adjustable, there is a strap that runs from the lumbar pad up and it is how you adjust the shoulder harness. The shoulder harness just slides up and down the rails of the Titanium frame.

We will have a lifetime warranty on the packs against manufacturers defects.

Saw this too, and it is apparent that lots of guys are still looking for the perfect pack setup. Unfortunately, everyone is different and any one pack just can't accommodate everybody. Lots of good ideas coming out these days, which is great for us. Personally, I hate lumbar pads for heavy loads and refuse to have anything except my head higher than my shoulders while in "hunt mode". But that's just me, and I'm probably in the minority.

We tested out literally dozens of different hipbelt styles and by far the lumbar pad with a soft flexible belt was the most comfortable for us under all load conditions. The problem with no lumbar pad for us is you don't get as much contact with your lower back and the pack wants to slide down your butt under heavy loads.

As far as height in order to have functioning load lifters the only way to do it is to have the frame stick above your shoulders, really no good way around that. We did design and large dip in the Titanium frame so there is a place for your head to go and not hit the frame when you tilt your head back.

Back