Exo Mountain K4?

For anyone wanting to learn more and hear Mark and I talk candidly about some of the things that went into K4 design we just posted up a podcast we recorded last week:

Also we have an official K4 landing page where you can make sure you are signed up to recieve the latest emails, news, etc.

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
For anyone who can't make it to the shows but wants to see one in person, hit me up if you're in western WA, and you can check mine out.

I'm in Buckley and work in Auburn.
There's been a handful of meaningful revisions compared to what you and I have. I went and checked them out last week. Mostly subtle but all of them were improvements. FYI

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
There's been a handful of meaningful revisions compared to what you and I have. I went and checked them out last week. Mostly subtle but all of them were improvements. FYI
That's a good point. I should be able to go over most of those changes and will have the production version before too long as well.

Yeah we are working on all that information and we'll be releasing a lot more content as we get closer to the release date in March. It's one of the main reasons I decided to do the pre-sale at the shows so we could get the pack onto as many different body shapes / sizes as possible. We are taking measurements there and will be able to really dial in the fitting / sizing charts we'll post on the website.
Steve, do you think you will offer a video or guide for people at home who can take measurements from their existing K2/K3 to better help choose the sizing options of the K4. I have my K2 pretty dialed in and comparing hip belt overall length, shoulder strap to hip belt, etc. may help in ordering the K4.

hunt1up

WKR
Maybe this was mentioned earlier in the thread, but what are you guys thinking for a lead time once the packs are released and I possibly(likely) put in an order?

Maybe this was mentioned earlier in the thread, but what are you guys thinking for a lead time once the packs are released and I possibly(likely) put in an order?

We will have packs in stock and ready to ship right away. The hard part to answer that question exactly is that we are only capable of getting so many packs built and shipped out the door a day. It could be just a few hours after the order or as much as 2 weeks depending on when you get your order in the system.

I will post up a link here on Rokslide though before the website goes officially live so all of you will have a 24 hour or so head start.

Steve

hunt1up

WKR
We will have packs in stock and ready to ship right away. The hard part to answer that question exactly is that we are only capable of getting so many packs built and shipped out the door a day. It could be just a few hours after the order or as much as 2 weeks depending on when you get your order in the system.

I will post up a link here on Rokslide though before the website goes officially live so all of you will have a 24 hour or so head start.

Steve
Good enough for me.

OP
AlpineAssassin907

Steve
Steve, Thankyou for replying to the thread and answering everyone’s questions, and just giving us all the inside scoop along the way!! I absolutely cannot wait to order my K4!

As promised here are the final bag Capacities. Earlier prototype bags were pretty spot on and I didn't make any substantial size changes so the final numbers ended up right there with the name.

3600= 3620 with lid= 4268
5000= 5010 with lid= 5658
7200= 7180 with lid= 7828

Lid only = 648

As promised here are the final bag Capacities. Earlier prototype bags were pretty spot on and I didn't make any substantial size changes so the final numbers ended up right there with the name.

3600= 3620 with lid= 4268
5000= 5010 with lid= 5658
7200= 7180 with lid= 7828

Lid only = 648

Will the old K3 lid be compatible with new K4? If not, any thoughts on perhaps offering a smaller size K4 lid in the future? I like having a lid to keep items like a frequently used jacket underneath and quickly accessible; but usually never keep more than a pair of gloves, beanie, and headlamp inside the lid. The new K4 lid looks like it might be a little bulky and potentially flop around when it isn't full?

Just nitpicking at this point, I'm stoked to check out the pack at the expo next week!

Will the old K3 lid be compatible with new K4? If not, any thoughts on perhaps offering a smaller size K4 lid in the future? I like having a lid to keep items like a frequently used jacket underneath and quickly accessible; but usually never keep more than a pair of gloves, beanie, and headlamp inside the lid. The new K4 lid looks like it might be a little bulky and potentially flop around when it isn't full?

Just nitpicking at this point, I'm stoked to check out the pack at the expo next week!
The K4 lid definitely does not flop around and if anything the final designs snug down tighter to the frame than K3 does. It just has a little more height to the lid than K3 and that’s where the extra volume comes from.