Exo Mountain K4?

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
For you all that have used the K4 and a K3 in the past is it worth the difference to wait until the K4 comes out to purchase?

Anybody got input on this?

That depends on your situation. We don't know for sure when Exo will release the K4, so I would order a K3 if I wanted one right now.

The good thing about quality gear is that it's still great even when Kifaru, Exo, Stone Glacier, Seek Outside, etc., release new gear. Even though I get to try out a lot of new gear, I still have and use older stuff as well, and I would be doing just fine if that's all I had.

Carr5vols

WKR
That depends on your situation. We don't know for sure when Exo will release the K4, so I would order a K3 if I wanted one right now.

The good thing about quality gear is that it's still great even when Kifaru, Exo, Stone Glacier, Seek Outside, etc., release new gear. Even though I get to try out a lot of new gear, I still have and use older stuff as well, and I would be doing just fine if that's all I had.
Thanks for input no rush to buy just wandering if there is enough of an improvment to wait.

md126

WKR
I can’t see in the pics on page 6 where it shows the belt design as far as 1 vs 3pc

Guess I’ll have to wait until 2023 to see if it’s different from the K3….

krisn416

WKR
Apologies if I missed it somehow, but will the new packs have the interior drybag option still? Huge selling point for me. 🙏

KD32

FNG
Steve,
Please, please make the molle panel on hip belt wide enough to run a holster next to some type of pouch, even if it’s just a narrower cell phone pouch!!! I spoke w/ Dioni about this when we met in the field, and understand your disdain for people putting too much weight on the hip belt. I only carry, small lightweight items in hip belt pouches, things that are needed often, without taking pack off. Still need a pouch on each side to accommodate all of those things. But, also want the pistol positioned optimally so my hand can find it at a moment’s notice. Used the slightly narrower K2 pouch on the K3 belt to accomplish this. Blade tech tek lok to attach holster (looks like it will work w/ the molle). Have to imagine a lot of dudes would prioritize same.
I’ve loved the K3 pack since the day it was delivered. Hard to imagine that anything could be done to significantly improve upon it. But, I got to see it, feel it. And, y’all knocked it out the park!!! Hoping, praying that final hip belt design will allow pistol placement in exact same spot it has been on my K2, K3. If so, I’ll definitely be one of the many on that first order!!1D2C0550-EF86-4470-B59E-1AC843AF3DDC.jpeg

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I get no black boots and avoiding military colors, but multi-cam (scorpion pattern) is as military as one can get (being the primary patern for both Air Force and Army). However, it is also one of the best camo patterns made (the Navy's camo is its equal). Of course, part of that is due to performance in the NIR and SWIR spectrum, coyote tan is horrifically bad in the NIR and SWIR spectrum, but as long as elk don't start using NVGs it probably does not matter.

Ewurtz

FNG
Exo has made it very clear it may not release until 2024 so if you need a pack between now and then.
It’s coming out either feb or march 2023 according to the sales person I spoke with from Exo. They suggested I wait for the K4 vs buying a k3 now if I’m not in a hurry

azdowns

FNG
I just bought a new K3 4800 for me and a 1800 for my Dad for his AZ Desert Bighorn Sheep Hunt. Can't wait to see what they come out with next for 2023. I borrowed and tested out my buddies K2 1800 and hauled out a cow elk a couple weeks ago it worked out great. Wish I could wait for the new K4. Oh well, looking forward to the sheep hunt.

Steve,
Please, please make the molle panel on hip belt wide enough to run a holster next to some type of pouch, even if it’s just a narrower cell phone pouch!!! I spoke w/ Dioni about this when we met in the field, and understand your disdain for people putting too much weight on the hip belt. I only carry, small lightweight items in hip belt pouches, things that are needed often, without taking pack off. Still need a pouch on each side to accommodate all of those things. But, also want the pistol positioned optimally so my hand can find it at a moment’s notice. Used the slightly narrower K2 pouch on the K3 belt to accomplish this. Blade tech tek lok to attach holster (looks like it will work w/ the molle). Have to imagine a lot of dudes would prioritize same.
I’ve loved the K3 pack since the day it was delivered. Hard to imagine that anything could be done to significantly improve upon it. But, I got to see it, feel it. And, y’all knocked it out the park!!! Hoping, praying that final hip belt design will allow pistol placement in exact same spot it has been on my K2, K3. If so, I’ll definitely be one of the many on that first order!!

You'll be able to run a pistol and a cell pouch on one side if you wanted. The pistol would ride on the front Molle panel and we will eventually have a slim cell phone style pouch that you could run on the angled Molle panel near the back of the hipbelt.