Exo Mountain K4?

98XJRC

Lil-Rokslider
The crib panel with 2 pouches and lid looks like the perfect setup for a typical day hunt. I wasn’t going to but I set myself up for failure by continuing to read this thread since the beginning and am now trying to offload my K3 for a K4. Damn you Scuba Steve.

sivart

WKR
I hope they come out with a bugle tube holder designed for the k4 as well. Until then, a strip of one wrap Velcro weaved through the Nalgene mollee and through the center of the bendable bugle tube holder sucks it up tight to the belt. It felt good as far as being out of the way while being able to easily grab the tube.
The Kifaru nalgene holder works great for a bugle tube holder. I'm hoping the exo does the same?

lots of nice new packs, im hoping to see some with antlers and bears strapped to em soon!
There will be. Wife and I went out last night and did a 7 mile loop for the opener, weather got nice (which is relative this year) so we decided to go see what green up looked like so far… wanted to go look for some antlers, saw my group of 5 bulls, but decided to wait for our next trip in there after I treat our clothes and boots with permethrin to go walking through the brush 😉

Did see one slope that looked pretty decent, and weather is finally turning late next week, and I’m going to start commuting every day to work and clock in early so we can hunt afternoons, there WILL be a bear in my pack in April, I’m certain… I think the weather will be a light switch this year and it’s going to go from the coldest winter I remember on the coast to nice… we have only had a small handful of days over 50 degrees which is crazy for this part of the world, and more days of snow than any year in the 39 I’ve been around

The Kifaru nalgene holder works great for a bugle tube holder. I'm hoping the exo does the same?
I use a 2” nylon stretch belt cut down to size and just use Velcro strips to connect it. Has worked on three different packs.

rclouse79

WKR
lots of nice new packs, im hoping to see some with antlers and bears strapped to em soon!
I had two years getting a bear and then two years off, so I figure I am due! I am going to do my darndest to give my k4 a proper field test this spring.

That is an interesting bino setup that I haven't seen before. I am interested if you don't mind sharing the details.
Sure thing... I have a set of removable female buckles on my bino harness that I added... The goal for me so to be able to wear the bino harness as usual without a pack on, but when I have my pack on, I clip my harness to my pack so the pack frame carries the weight and prevents sagging... I hate stuff on my diagram when hiking/hunting.

On the pack side, I have a removable set of male buckles that I connect to the frame.

20230402_110402.jpg20230402_110357.jpg20230402_110420.jpg20230402_110522.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

rclouse79

WKR
Sure thing... I have a set of removable female buckles on my bino harness that I added... The goal for me so to be able to wear the bino harness as usual without a pack on, but when I have my pack on, I clip my harness to my pack so the pack frame carries the weight and prevents sagging... I hate stuff on my diagram when hiking/hunting.

On the pack side, I have a removable set of male buckles that I connect to the frame.

View attachment 538112View attachment 538113View attachment 538114View attachment 538115

That is pretty awesome. Thank you for sharing.

sr80

WKR
There will be. Wife and I went out last night and did a 7 mile loop for the opener, weather got nice (which is relative this year) so we decided to go see what green up looked like so far… wanted to go look for some antlers, saw my group of 5 bulls, but decided to wait for our next trip in there after I treat our clothes and boots with permethrin to go walking through the brush 😉

Did see one slope that looked pretty decent, and weather is finally turning late next week, and I’m going to start commuting every day to work and clock in early so we can hunt afternoons, there WILL be a bear in my pack in April, I’m certain… I think the weather will be a light switch this year and it’s going to go from the coldest winter I remember on the coast to nice… we have only had a small handful of days over 50 degrees which is crazy for this part of the world, and more days of snow than any year in the 39 I’ve been around
Good luck out there!

That is pretty awesome. Thank you for sharing.
Thanks! I've been really happy with the system and used it for 3-4 years. Pretty big quality of life upgrade for me.

If I guy wanted to, you could remove the harness from the bino harness completely and then put a buckle in the should straps... But I often drop the pack for stalking etc.

If you need any other details etc let me know!

Any chance you would show a pic of the bow spider in use? I was contemplating picking up a second lid and permanent mounting a receiver.

Here’s the bowspider in use with the bag about empty and the lid about half full. I could extend out the straps quite a bit if needed, this is about as tight as you can get the longer straps they sell.
0119b0b7214d1696bf0d7a5dd245ae81.jpg

I could see the benefit of mounting to the lid, although when the bag is crazy stuffed full it might be tough to reach to the top of the lid. With the straps you could potentially rig up an attachment point that’s in a better position if needed. But with the lid mount you could hook the bow to the lid when going on a stalk if used as an approach pack like I mentioned in my last post. This way you wouldn’t need a second puck on the bino harness. Will be fun to play with this and figure out what’s best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rclouse79

WKR
Here’s the bowspider in use with the bag about empty and the lid about half full. I could extend out the straps quite a bit if needed, this is about as tight as you can get the longer straps they sell.
0119b0b7214d1696bf0d7a5dd245ae81.jpg

I could see the benefit of mounting to the lid, although when the bag is crazy stuffed full it might be tough to reach to the top of the lid. With the straps you could potentially rig up an attachment point that’s in a better position if needed. But with the lid mount you could hook the bow to the lid when going on a stalk if used as an approach pack like I mentioned in my last post. This way you wouldn’t need a second puck on the bino harness. Will be fun to play with this and figure out what’s best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! I was been playing around with attachment points last night. Luckily I have a lot of time before archery season to get everything with the new pack ironed out. I think I abandoned the idea of permanently mounting it. I think there are zippers in the way of where it would need to go. Thanks again.