Exo Mountain K4?

For those with the 5000, how much (and what) are you able to put in the stretch pocket? Considering it is smaller, I am curious if you still find it useful. Thx
It's smaller than my K2 pocket, but gloves, seat pad, hat etc. all fit fine in it together. A tightly compacted puffy or maybe or a rain shell etc.

For those with the 5000, how much (and what) are you able to put in the stretch pocket? Considering it is smaller, I am curious if you still find it useful. Thx
I hated the smaller stretch pocket on my K3 4800. The reason I bought a K4 3600.

What exactly are you looking for? I have some “long” molle clips that are a soft plastic, I think I have 3-4 I will send you free if they would work for you, also have some of the hard plastic ones like posted above, but couldn’t find them recently if I do, don’t need them either and would give them away…. If I can find them

Had both for a few years and if I haven’t found a use for them by now, I don’t need them, and assume give them to someone who does

I have the hard plastic ones for attaching something like a marsupial spotting scope case to a molle panel, but the ones bow spider sells kinda just look like a belt clip kinda. Tapatalk won’t let me attach a photo for some reason but here’s a link:

What are your soft plastic ones like? Thank you for the offer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the hard plastic ones for attaching something like a marsupial spotting scope case to a molle panel, but the ones bow spider sells kinda just look like a belt clip kinda. Tapatalk won’t let me attach a photo for some reason but here’s a link:

I’ll pm you a pic of what I have Thursday or Friday when I get home, I think they are called molle clips

rclouse79

WKR

They are just metal clips, and aren’t ideal. I wasn’t impressed that the paint comes off of them and they start to rust. That being said, they work alright.

Ten Bears

WKR
My K4 Ranger/Yote 5000 was on the porch when I got home from work. Just spent the last hour getting the fit right, filling it up with stuff, and messing around with it.

Build quality stands out, everything seems to have a purpose yet it’s an easy pack to be familiar with. First Exo for me after owning every other system at one point. Nice work Steve and Mark. Can’t wait to get some blood and weight in this thing come fall….

prm

WKR
Tossed a 35-40lb sand bag into the pack and went for 4 mi hike. Feels great so far.
F81D9604-4F2B-4180-BE30-B0B1F0B162C9.jpeg

My mix and match 5000 showed up on Friday so within a week to Canada which is awesome. I didn’t get as many miles as I wanted on the weekend but it seems to work awesome with various weights I tried to strap to it (100lbs in salt bags and also had 4 kids up to 60 pounds flopping around in the bag). It is a very well thought out design - frame and bag.

I’ve done two hikes so far with about 60lbs, immediately I can tell the slipping issue I had with the K3 is gone. It feels very similar to my kifaru in terms of hip belt and suspension, with the suspension being maybe a little more finicky to get just right than the kifaru but I’m 99% sure it’s just still getting broken in. Comfort is top notch though and the shoulder straps are leaps and bounds better than the kifaru shoulder straps which have always bothered me for a variety of reasons.

I’ve been carrying a full Nalgene in the Nalgene pocket and it’s been awesome. I can feel the slight off balance in the frame which surprised me, but it’s not to the level of being annoying or worrisome.

I need to make a video of these gatekeeper ladder locks operating one handed with gloves and a time comparison vs the provided ladder locks. For things like lid removal and bag removal I’m pretty sure you all will be shocked how much faster they are and easy to operate one handed.

Comfort is top notch though and the shoulder straps are leaps and bounds better than the kifaru shoulder straps which have always bothered me for a variety of reasons.
The shoulder strap comfort is a night and day difference for me. The shoulder straps on the K4 conform to my body so much better. So far I find the K4 preferable to my Kifaru packs and frames, and appreciate what appears to be a more refined design.

rclouse79

WKR
I keep tinkering away with my new toy waiting for bear and turkey season to open. I became a fan of the bow spider last year, but felt the attachment system left something to be desired. I found that when the bow spider is attached, getting inside the lid isn’t worth it, so I will go lidless for archery.
I bought a couple sea to summit removable buckles and attached them to the loop sewn at the top of the pack. Then I sewed webbing straps around the top holes in the puck. Through the bottom of the puck I ran a piece of webbing and attached buckles opposite the ones on the lid straps. The lid straps connect to the bottom of the puck and hold it tight against the pack. It takes about three seconds to take the puck on or off now and it is easy to adjust as needed. The position of the puck makes it way easier to get the bow in and out compared to my old pack.
I am sure this was not necessary, but I am bored.

965BE18E-327E-4532-8B9D-B798727C4370.jpeg9DC385B9-932B-45B7-BFD8-BEEA25E54FC2.jpeg338CF17E-E484-4EF4-8014-DEBCB006755A.jpeg

shax2lex

Lil-Rokslider
Nothing like putting on a fresh pack and getting the belt dunlap.

I put my order in with the Rokslide window and it arrived today. Took me just a sec to get 50lbs strapped in and the harness adjusted. By adjusted, I mean pulled straps. It fit when I put it on. 5000 RG, 25” Frame, med belt. 5’ll”, 37” waist.