Exo Mountain K4?

Sorry for the delay on this guys. We had to special order a specific buckle from YKK that I wanted for the quick release function and it took forever to get. They are in production now and we’ll start selling / shipping asap the first week of August.

I’ll be shooting videos and photos of it next Wednesday and we’ll post them up here asap.

I’m very happy with how it turned out. I prioritized having the rifle be secure and out of the way but you can still get it off the pack and to your shoulder in roughly 3-4 seconds.

Steve
Thanks for the update Steve! I know we’ll find out next week in the videos, but will it also be a ‘quick attach’ as well? As in will I be able to attach it while wearing the pack? My current setup (slik sling) does that, but looking forward to your innovation.

11boo

WKR
Just a atta boy for EXO. They took very good care of me with my K3. Also had the opportunity to call them with another question about my creaking frame noise. Just had to clean the dirt out!

FNG
Yesterday and today I did a couple laps up my local training loop which is about 4.5 miles and 1800 feet of elevation. I put 35 pounds in the K4 pack. I have used a bunch of packs in the military and I own packs from KUIU and Mystery Ranch but I have to say the K4 is very easily, and by a wide margin, the most comfortable pack I have ever used.

I’m aware that the pack is on my back, but not in any particular place. It’s just “there” and moves with my body, stable enough that I could jog/shuffle down a rutted out single track without the slightest sense of the pack moving independently of my body.

Next week I’ll put 50 pounds in and repeat the exercise but I’m very happy with the K4.

The Nalgene holder is a little bit of a pain in the ass to reholster the bottle on the move but I suspect that’s a technique thing as much as anything else.

EXO, Bravo Zulu!

Attachments

• IMG_4584.jpeg
    IMG_4584.jpeg
    413 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_4591.jpeg
    IMG_4591.jpeg
    407.8 KB · Views: 157
  • FullSizeRender.jpeg
    FullSizeRender.jpeg
    470.7 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_4574.jpeg
    IMG_4574.jpeg
    96.6 KB · Views: 144

Ram94

WKR
Thanks for the update Steve! I know we’ll find out next week in the videos, but will it also be a ‘quick attach’ as well? As in will I be able to attach it while wearing the pack? My current setup (slik sling) does that, but looking forward to your innovation.
Curious on this as well. It’s my biggest gripe with the SG sling. Slick sling can do it, it just never felt very secure. Back to my tried and true Gun Bearer.

Curious on this as well. It’s my biggest gripe with the SG sling. Slick sling can do it, it just never felt very secure. Back to my tried and true Gun Bearer.
That’s exactly why I didn’t do the stone glacier one. My main gripe with the slik sling is that it puts way too much weight/pressure on the hip belt.

thedutchtouch

Lil-Rokslider
Haven't had a chance to use the pack on a hunt yet, but it's taken quite a few trips up and down my stairs at home with 2 25 lb dumbbells inside to attempt to get the legs in shape, so far so good. Who's got early season plans that your k4 will be coming along for? I'm headed to Alaska mid September for a blacktail /possibly brown bear hunt with my brother, hoping to get a rifle sling ordered and here before then.

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider
Haven’t had a chance to take my K4 hunting yet but I can attest that it makes a great pack for hauling gear to fish alpine lakes!

Also used it to haul a little cuttbow home that didn’t survive, so can I now claim I’ve hauled meat and broken the ranger green curse that was mentioned earlier?

Attachments

• IMG_6909.jpeg
    IMG_6909.jpeg
    290.7 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_6903.jpeg
    IMG_6903.jpeg
    260.7 KB · Views: 108

slowelk

WKR
Sorry for the delay on this guys. We had to special order a specific buckle from YKK that I wanted for the quick release function and it took forever to get. They are in production now and we’ll start selling / shipping asap the first week of August.

I’ll be shooting videos and photos of it next Wednesday and we’ll post them up here asap.

I’m very happy with how it turned out. I prioritized having the rifle be secure and out of the way but you can still get it off the pack and to your shoulder in roughly 3-4 seconds.

Steve

Any updates on the release of these videos since anticipated availability is next week? Thanks!

Really looking forward to the rifle carrier. I've tried the gun bearer and the Slick Sling, and haven't been overly thrilled with either. If the EXO riffle carrier is as well thought out as the rest of their products, I'm sure it will be a home run.

dcopher

Lil-Rokslider
Yesterday and today I did a couple laps up my local training loop which is about 4.5 miles and 1800 feet of elevation. I put 35 pounds in the K4 pack. I have used a bunch of packs in the military and I own packs from KUIU and Mystery Ranch but I have to say the K4 is very easily, and by a wide margin, the most comfortable pack I have ever used.

I’m aware that the pack is on my back, but not in any particular place. It’s just “there” and moves with my body, stable enough that I could jog/shuffle down a rutted out single track without the slightest sense of the pack moving independently of my body.

Next week I’ll put 50 pounds in and repeat the exercise but I’m very happy with the K4.

The Nalgene holder is a little bit of a pain in the ass to reholster the bottle on the move but I suspect that’s a technique thing as much as anything else.

EXO, Bravo Zulu!

I think you will find that as you use the Nalgene holder it will break in a bit and be easier to reholster on the move. At least that is what I have found. There is a tradeoff between the holder being secure and the ease in which the bottle can be put in there, but it definitely gets easier with use.

Here's a link to the rifle carrier video for you guys. I'm very happy with how this accessory turned out. We'll have them for sale next Wednesday on the website, they'll be $34.99. I think the video does a good job answering any questions but let me know if you have any and I'll get back right away.

My design goals for this was first; to have the rifle be mounted in a no fuss / extremely secure way to the pack and then second; was to be able access the rifle quickly. Not much could derail a hunt faster than a rifle accidentally falling off your pack and bouncing off some rocks so security was the main focus.

I had multiple people test this and the average was 3-4 seconds to get the rifle to your shoulder. The butt of the rifle is held securely in a pocket that mounts to either the right or left side of the pack and the quick release strap has zero chance of coming undone on it's own. Other design goals were I didn't want the rifle to contact the body at all as that can be quite uncomfortable at times. I also didn't want to have to rely on attachment points to the harness or hip-belt that would affect how either of those perform from a comfort standpoint.

Another aspect I was really happy with is when packing meat nothing changes, the rifle will still be mounted in the exact same spot with the same quick access.

I don't mention this in the video as I didn't design it this way at all but if you want to do forward carry you can. You simply move the quick release strap to the front of the shoulder harness. I prefer to have it mounted to the pack and completely out of the way but it can be done.

<iframe width="1980" height="587" src="
" title="K4 Quick Release Rifle Carrier" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Steve

Here's a link to the rifle carrier video for you guys. I'm very happy with how this accessory turned out. We'll have them for sale next Wednesday on the website, they'll be $34.99. I think the video does a good job answering any questions but let me know if you have any and I'll get back right away.

My design goals for this was first; to have the rifle be mounted in a no fuss / extremely secure way to the pack and then second; was to be able access the rifle quickly. Not much could derail a hunt faster than a rifle accidentally falling off your pack and bouncing off some rocks so security was the main focus.

I had multiple people test this and the average was 3-4 seconds to get the rifle to your shoulder. The butt of the rifle is held securely in a pocket that mounts to either the right or left side of the pack and the quick release strap has zero chance of coming undone on it's own. Other design goals were I didn't want the rifle to contact the body at all as that can be quite uncomfortable at times. I also didn't want to have to rely on attachment points to the harness or hip-belt that would affect how either of those perform from a comfort standpoint.

Another aspect I was really happy with is when packing meat nothing changes, the rifle will still be mounted in the exact same spot with the same quick access.

I don't mention this in the video as I didn't design it this way at all but if you want to do forward carry you can. You simply move the quick release strap to the front of the shoulder harness. I prefer to have it mounted to the pack and completely out of the way but it can be done.

<iframe width="1980" height="587" src="
" title="K4 Quick Release Rifle Carrier" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Steve
Love it! pretty much exactly what I was hoping it would be :) Great job Steve and crew! Can't wait to try it out!!

ChrisAU

WKR
Orange lids coming next week too? Got the coyote frame and ranger bag in the cart, just waiting on the rifle carrier and orange lid :D

Last edited:

lintond

WKR
It looks like a nice option. Hopefully I have enough shoulder mobility to make it work. :) Also looks like you have to take the pack off to reattach the rifle.

It looks like a nice option. Hopefully I have enough shoulder mobility to make it work. :) Also looks like you have to take the pack off to reattach the rifle.
I sorta thought the same about re-attaching - possibly with a little practice we will get it - but that's what a hunting partner is for :)