Exo Mountain K4?

It looks like a nice option. Hopefully I have enough shoulder mobility to make it work. :) Also looks like you have to take the pack off to reattach the rifle.

Two of us here in the office have bad shoulders and we are still able to reach it no problem. I'm sure it won't work for every single person out there but the vast majority won't have an issue

Yes you do have to take the pack off to reattach, there just isn't any way I could design this to attach directly to the pack / frame and be able to do that while wearing the pack. Ideally that wouldn't be the case but to me it's a pretty small nuisance that I would only have to deal with a handful of times on a hunt.

Looks like a great product. Having used a very similar forend upper attachment from a competitor I have learned that the buckle will mar the stock fairly quickly. I don’t see any scuff resistant protective backing on it from the video. Can you confirm that is or is not a protected buckle. If it is not, with your testing, what reports were there as far as marring to the stock forend? I totally understand rifles are tools and dings, scrapes etc give them.character and tell stories but if I can limit that in any way I would prefer to. Beyond that looks slick and well thought out. Thanks for the hard work and efforts that have gone into this.

Looks like a great product. Having used a very similar forend upper attachment from a competitor I have learned that the buckle will mar the stock fairly quickly. I don’t see any scuff resistant protective backing on it from the video. Can you confirm that is or is not a protected buckle. If it is not, with your testing, what reports were there as far as marring to the stock forend? I totally understand rifles are tools and dings, scrapes etc give them.character and tell stories but if I can limit that in any way I would prefer to. Beyond that looks slick and well thought out. Thanks for the hard work and efforts that have gone into this.

I haven't seen any wear / rubbing marks but I'm sure the could depend on the material and coating type that is on the stock. You don't want the buckle to be extremely tight to the stock so it shouldn't have a lot of friction to do much rubbing.

TravisIN

WKR
Got my first Exo pack in today. Got a 2200 in green. Ordered it Sunday and it made it to indiana today. So that was impressive. Looks awesome and am excited to test it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might be able to stick a little moleskin or archery felt on the back or the buckle if you are worried

MTFred

FNG
Perfect, looks solid and will give the rifle carrier a go. Also cant wait to get the orange lid. Been excited for these two last pieces. Are these the last of the accessories we should expect in the near future or is there anything else on the production line? Love my K3, but my K4....just wow!!!

thedutchtouch

Lil-Rokslider
Looks great. I'm wondering if instead reaching across the body with your left hand and releasing the buckle with that hand, keeping the right arm tight to your chest with the elbow bent til the rifle is more horizontal is possible/smoother since that's the hand that will be on the foregrip when shooting anyway and you don't have to transfer hands. Either way I'll be adding one to my pack next week and look forward to putting it to use on Admiralty in September.

sr80

WKR
That’s a slick looking system Steve. I like it! I also noticed the load cell bag you’ve got between the frame and bag. Is that something you’re working on? IMG_1745.png

Plowboy85

Lil-Rokslider
Man I appreciate the effort the EXO guys have put into there systems. My K3 is rocking along just fine but dang I want a K4!

Out of curiosity is EXO and S&S owned by Steve? If so I’ll try to do more business at S&S

WhiskeyDoc

Lil-Rokslider
Out of curiosity is EXO and S&S owned by Steve? If so I’ll try to do more business at S&S

Yep! I’ve done some business with S&S. Just as satisfactory as EXO. They might even share the same warehouse? I’m not sure. But yeah both Steve’s and both awesome.

Plowboy85

Lil-Rokslider
Yep! I’ve done some business with S&S. Just as satisfactory as EXO. They might even share the same warehouse? I’m not sure. But yeah both Steve’s and both awesome.
Nice, Steve and the crew at EXO have been great when I had questions for them.

Nicely done. Will be ordering one along with an orange lid next week.
Me too. I will be using it with a forward carry, because it’s grown on me and is versatile and very fast with a rifle or bow, but it looks like a great system and I’m looking forward to getting it!

I’m probably odd man out, but I like my weapon on my left side and forward carry for everything, it’s the fastest for me, but probably just a familiarity thing from doing it that way a few years because I always had a pistol on my right side

Me too. I will be using it with a forward carry, because it’s grown on me and is versatile and very fast with a rifle or bow, but it looks like a great system and I’m looking forward to getting it!

I’m probably odd man out, but I like my weapon on my left side and forward carry for everything, it’s the fastest for me, but probably just a familiarity thing from doing it that way a few years because I always had a pistol on my right side
I think I might give something like that a shot. With how tight some of the brush is around here forward carrying it seems like it might avoid a lot of getting the barrel caught up like it does when it’s vertical.

Forward carry is definitely the way to go when actively hunting. It's faster and easier. I'm disappointed they didn't come out with an attachment for that so I'll be rigging up my kifaru for that.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Forward carry is definitely the way to go when actively hunting. It's faster and easier. I'm disappointed they didn't come out with an attachment for that so I'll be rigging up my kifaru for that.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Steve said you can front or rear carry with it.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk