Exo Mountain K4?

I’m going to try it both ways. Should be easy enough to use a Kifaru upper on the shoulder strap when needed. May just have both options available at all times.

I also like having both options and prefer to have forward carry while actively hunting. If successful and packing meat and horns the forward carry for me seems to prevent the rifle from hitting antlers strapped to the top of the pack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Steve said you can front or rear carry with it.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
I didn't see anything in the video or anywhere that says they sell a part for forward attachment/carry. Only on the bag itself.

When I say forward I mean rifle leaning forward under my arm

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I didn't see anything in the video or anywhere that says they sell a part for forward attachment/carry. Only on the bag itself.

When I say forward I mean rifle leaning forward under my arm

Read the post where he posted the vid - you move the back latch from the bag strap to the front.

Read the post where he posted the vid - you move the back latch from the bag strap to the front.
Yep your correct, it's in the post which I didn't fully read. I only watched the video and it didn't show that yet. I'd assume there will be more videos.
I was ordering one either way and had planned on adding something for forward carry, looks like I don't have to. I'll probably order 2 so I can do both ways of carry without having to move straps too much.

I was finally able to watch the vid with the rifle carrier. A few thoughts. It’s definitely going to rub finish off of the barrel/stock. To some that matters to others not so much.

The carrier looks fairly tight on the butt stock. I’m assuming it was tested with bigger butts like an EH1?

I like the elastic of the carrier. If you have a sling stud installed it looks like a major snag point though.

With the elastic how well does a chassis butt stock slide in and out?

How well does it ride if you have a tripod in the side pocket?

I was finally able to watch the vid with the rifle carrier. A few thoughts. It’s definitely going to rub finish off of the barrel/stock. To some that matters to others not so much.

The carrier looks fairly tight on the butt stock. I’m assuming it was tested with bigger butts like an EH1?

I like the elastic of the carrier. If you have a sling stud installed it looks like a major snag point though.

With the elastic how well does a chassis butt stock slide in and out?

How well does it ride if you have a tripod in the side pocket?
I emailed Mark at EXO about my Bravo stock and he stated they have an XL carrier that fits some military rifles. Maybe try this if it seems tight.

Perfect, looks solid and will give the rifle carrier a go. Also cant wait to get the orange lid. Been excited for these two last pieces. Are these the last of the accessories we should expect in the near future or is there anything else on the production line? Love my K3, but my K4....just wow!!!

Last accessories for this hunting season. I am prototyping and playing with a handful of other ideas but if they work out would be a 2024 product.

Looks great. I'm wondering if instead reaching across the body with your left hand and releasing the buckle with that hand, keeping the right arm tight to your chest with the elbow bent til the rifle is more horizontal is possible/smoother since that's the hand that will be on the foregrip when shooting anyway and you don't have to transfer hands. Either way I'll be adding one to my pack next week and look forward to putting it to use on Admiralty in September.

No, you can't really reach across with your left arm. The shoulder strap of the pack prevents you from having the mobility to do that.

Man I appreciate the effort the EXO guys have put into there systems. My K3 is rocking along just fine but dang I want a K4!

Out of curiosity is EXO and S&S owned by Steve? If so I’ll try to do more business at S&S

Yes, I own both companies and we operate both of them out of the same office / warehouse here in Boise. Started S&S Archery in my early 20's as I loved tinkering and working on bows. It evolved into the website it is today and I have two guys Rob and Justin who essentially run that for me while I run Exo.

The rifle carrier fits an EH-1 stock just fine. Solid and stable carrier with pretty easy and quick access to deploy.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

I'll be ordering a rifle carrier for sure!

Now make something for a quick detach bow! (*pretty please). I have tried to use a Elberlestock ripcord before with my K2 and K3, but haven't been satisfied with it.

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'll be ordering a rifle carrier for sure!

Now make something for a quick detach bow! (*pretty please). I have tried to use a Elberlestock ripcord before with my K2 and K3, but haven't been satisfied with it.
Thanks for the support with the Rifle Carrier! No plans on a bow carrier right now.

waldo9190

Lil-Rokslider
Well, I twisted my own arm enough and now have a 2200 bag on the way to go with my 7200. Will be my primary whitetail pack.

Curious if there are any good solutions out there for carrying the inReach Messenger?

Curious if there are any good solutions out there for carrying the inReach Messenger?

I’ve used both Exo’s inReach pouch that mounts on their bags, and the Aziak Garmin mount that can mount on almost any piece of webbing. Both are great.

waldo9190

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve used both Exo’s inReach pouch that mounts on their bags, and the Aziak Garmin mount that can mount on almost any piece of webbing. Both are great.
To my knowledge neither of those work with the actual inReach Messenger but are for the inReach Mini 1/2.