Exo vs kuiu pack

Rut52

FNG
I am looking into a new pack and considering exo 4800 or the kuiu pro lite 5500 has any one used these packs or currently have them to give me some pro's and cons. The exo has the Born and Raised pack thoughts on that?

Last edited:

IaTrent

Lil-Rokslider
I really like my EXO, but the best advise I can give is to call both companies and ask questions. If possible buy both and plan to return one. Only you can determine which pack is best for your needs and how it feels with weight and putting in some miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
R

Rut52

FNG
Ok I will contact both and ask some questions. And check there return policies. Thanks for the insight.

87TT

WKR
Had a KUIU. Tried then bought an EXO. Sold the KUIU and Bought a second EXO in a different size. So two EXO's now. Nuf said.

My opinion was other than being able to take the bag from the frame and place meat between the bag and frame, the KUIU was more like a traditional backpacking pack and handled heavy loads like one. Too much movement.

DJB

FNG
I would check them both out and see which one fits you. I ended up with the KUIU pro system and it works great for my needs but everyone is different. I have hauled elk and WT deer with it. The heaviest loads I hauled with it were just under 100lbs. (Elk hind quarter, loin, day hunting gear and rifle)

big44a4

WKR
I like the Kuiu bag better but overall the exo wins because the frame is more comfortable. I still own both as my dad uses the Kuiu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finding this thread was timely. I’m in the market and have been looking at both. Seems like Exo has the edge here.

I was in the same boat(kinda still am), except I was narrowed down to Kuiu, Exo and SG.
It is my understanding that Kuiu has fixed many of the issues that used to plague their packs, but I still lacked 100% confidence in their products. Especially with the ravings of Exo and SG owners.
I have an Exo 4800 and SG Solo en route this week and plan to return whichever I like the least. I reccomend doing the same if budget allows. Even though both packs are probably great, one may fit you specifically better than the other

mtblackdog

Lil-Rokslider
I am looking into a new pack and considering exo 4800 or the kuiu pro lite 5500 has any one used these packs or currently have them to give me some pro's and cons. The exo has the Born and Raised pack thoughts on that?
No comparison to build quality. Exo all the way.

jdmaxwell

WKR
I have hauled lots animals out in Kuiu pack and Exo. I sold Kuiu and never looked back. Imo No comparison.
Exo for me anyday coming out with heavy packs..
Born and Raised is definitely not a factor to buy anyway...