Expandable broadheads recommendation

Karl86

FNG
So far, Sevr 1.5s have required the least tuning of any broadhead i've ever used.
This group was at 45 yards no tune or sight adjustment at all.
I haven't killed anything with them, but they seem very well constructed.
7d605333411752dff4cd40eb7edb09dc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Classic spitfire is a great head. That it has been around for a long time is a testament to the design. I've been using grim reapers for the last several years. Good on deer. Have put one in an elk but it was a bad shot on my part. Thankfully the bull survived and seemed no worse for wear.

flyfisher117

Lil-Rokslider
Have any if you directly compared the 1.5 Sevr and the 1.375 Grim Reaper Pro? Just curious on performance different between the 2 and 3 blades.

state637

WKR
I've always been happy with Grim Reapers, I've used several different models over the years for deer and antelope. I'm also a fan of the Sevr 1.5 and have killed a couple deer with those.

jonboy

FNG
I’m a fan of anything made by Grim Reaper. Also big fan of Spitfires.

LuvsFixedBlades

Lil-Rokslider
I'm going to pile onto the SEVR votes. 1.5" only for me.

They are a great option for longer shots and in nasty wind. I keep half Iron Will vented fixies and half SEVR 1.5's in my quiver for all Western critters.

I've personally tested a stupid amount of broadheads in many ways and that's my combo.

NAP Spitfire. With what I have seen from a dozen or so whitetails and few hogs I am confident to use them on a muley or elk as well. Most of them I did not even need a blood trail. Plowed dirt within 100 yards or less.

After Sevr and Grim Reaper I would really look at the Valkyrie mech or the Evolution. If using .166 arrows, the Valkyrie might be money.

SEVR 1.5 for me. Use them for everything. I also really like the GR pro series 1-3/8” 3 blade for deer and then the either the SEVR 1.5 or GR fatal steel for elk.

WBrim

WKR
I’ve had all good experiences with Grim Reapers. I’d gladly keep shooting those for mechanicals.

CMF

WKR
What reasons do you all like the Sevrs? I didn't realize so many people shot them until the cold bow challenge this week.
I like the idea of the 1.5 cause I'd guess it gets better penetration than a 2" and I'd rather have penetration over cutting diameter.

WBrim

WKR
All the mention of SEVR here and in CBC makes me think maybe I should look at them.

CMF

WKR
I’ve killed with many expandable, but switched to fixed. If I go back to mechanical, it will be one of the SEVR heads.
Yea, I want to be shooting fixed, but I keep at least one mechanical in my quiver. I figure if I'm out one day and the wind is bad, I'm better off hitting my target with a mechanical than the wind blowing my fixed head off the mark.

LuvsFixedBlades

Lil-Rokslider
What reasons do you all like the Sevrs? I didn't realize so many people shot them until the cold bow challenge this week.
I like the idea of the 1.5 cause I'd guess it gets better penetration than a 2" and I'd rather have penetration over cutting diameter.
Like you, I prefer penetration over cutting diameter, especially for elk+ sized game.

The 1.5" has a steeper, more swept back cutting angle on the blades than the 2", which I also like for increasing penetration.

Reactions: CMF