EZV sight

kicker338

WKR
Don't know if anyone other than me here on Rockslide is using or thinking about getting an EZV sight, just letting everyone know that they just came out with upgraded V ring inserts.

nphunter

WKR
How do you like it? I just can't see how it would be accurate at all watching all the videos? I can see using something like that back east or somewhere where shots are limited to really close distances but just seems like way too much margin for error at a further distance?

OP
K

kicker338

WKR
Accuracy is not an issue with it, it's only as accurate as the guy shooting the bow, if your a good shooter you will be just as accurate with most any sight or bow for that matter. I practice with my EZV clear out to 80yds. the sights limit. My best practice comes when out camping as I can shoot as far as I want to. When aiming with the tick marks at known ranges at a bag target, 80yds. is no problem, if i'm shooting good that day arrows will stay in the 18in. dia. area. I.m not a great shot so that is good shooting for me. My main practice comes from shooting at unknown ranges using a cardboard cutout of an elk out to 60yds. my limit on how far I will shoot at an elk. I do carry a hand held ranger but from around 40yds and under I won't even waist my time using it, the EZV is just too quick compaired the hand ranger. If an elk is not spooky in the 50 to 60 range I go the the hand unit but if it's spooky, I V and shoot. I've practiced so much with the EZV as far as 80yds I'm very comfortable with taking a 60yd shot, past 60yds. I try to get closer as 60 is my personal limit. Hope this helps you.

Zac

WKR
My two friends and I were going to buy these, they purchased theirs and I wimped out and bought the new CBE single pin, very interested in this new insert though, one of my buddies actually started shooting spots much better at 20 yards, it still perplexes me.

OP
K

kicker338

WKR
Wimped out ????? LOL. I can understand, I was more than a little skeptical when I ordered my first one over 2yrs. ago I have 2 of them now. With the first one I started at 10yds as I didn't know if I could even hit my bag target. It only took about 3 shots to realize that it wasn't going to be a big deal getting used to it. If you ever think of trying one in the future remember you have a money back 30 day trial period and the owner of EZV deff. stands behind that guaranty. Not everyone will like the sight or all sights for that matter, that's why there a bunch of diff. sights on the market. Concerning the EZV return policy there has been a few guys on Archerytalk that returned theirs and there money was promptly returned.

Zac

WKR
Yeah I really like the concept, I'm not a long range guy either, the single pin may have been a horrible idea, sure love range time with it though.