Factory Aammo with bullets seating at different depth.

MTimberN

FNG
Wondering if anyone has notices this with factory ammo or if its even a concern. I purchased some Browning 180 grain 30-06 ammo and noticed the bullets were seated at different depths into the casing so I took it back and got a box of Remington 180 grain 30-06 Core-lokt, The Remington ammo had the same issue but not as bad (photo below). I then grabbed some Winchester 30-06 ammo I had previously purchased and they had the same issue. So now i'm wondering is this common/typical and does it even matter?

IMG_20231001_154526457.jpg

grfox92

WKR
All factory ammo that I've measured with a caliper has always had variances that I would not tolerate in my reloading. I assumed it's normal.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

Maybe its me, but it looks like the case necks are a different length, not the bullets
it does appear to be the necks.

if you pay that much attention to factory loads, then you should probably start reloading. you'll find things wrong with most ammo, and it only matters if you look at it lol.

jbosk15808

Lil-Rokslider
I noticed the same thing with 150 gr 270 win Browning Ammo and figured I would still try it out at the range. Rifle didn't care and the ammo still grouped nicely. I didn't have chrono on it so can't say if it had an affect on velocity.