Favorite holster mounting options for backpacking

Dukeah

FNG
Hey guys, first time posting here. I just got a pf940 Glock 17 With Buffalo bore +p woodsman Ammo that I plan on carrying When hiking in northern wi. I’m trying to figure out the best way to carry and have been considering either chest holster or a pack mounted holster on the waistband. Any favorite setups or brands for y’all?

rbljack

WKR
I also use the JC custom Kydex holster for my glock 29. Carry it on my waistbelt of my pack. I use a kifaru pack and can also put a medium belt pouch over the holster which conceals it a bit, but its still accessible. When the pack comes off if I am carrying my AGC bino harness, I found that I can stick the gun into the back pocket pouch when sitting for lunch etc or just lay it into the bino slot and just set my binos aside/on my pack.

Hyphen

FNG
I also use the JC custom Kydex holster for my glock 29. Carry it on my waistbelt of my pack. When the pack comes off if I am carrying my AGC bino harness, I found that I can stick the gun into the back pocket pouch when sitting for lunch etc or just lay it into the bino slot and just set my binos aside/on my pack.
FHF gear now has a Kydex holster that attaches to their bino pack. Most Glocks and some XDM. See https://fhfgear.com/collections/hunting/products/kydex®-holster-by-razco-gear

Fatcamp

WKR
Same IWB I use any other time. Don't hunt bear country.

That Razco/FHF looks awesome. I don't think my harness has loops. :(

Time for a new harness.

OP
D

Dukeah

FNG
Paddle style outside the waistband slid onto the pack belt, pack comes off holster goes on pants belt
I’m thinking this is probably what I’ll do. Not sure I wanna run a chest holster when at camp without my pack on. Have the ability to swap is nice.
Same IWB I use any other time. Don't hunt bear country.

That Razco/FHF looks awesome. I don't think my harness has loops. :(

Time for a new harness.
+1 for FHF. I’ve got their medium harness that I’ll either carry my binos In or a trauma kit. It’s a pretty slick piece of kit.

Fatcamp

WKR
I’m thinking this is probably what I’ll do. Not sure I wanna run a chest holster when at camp without my pack on. Have the ability to swap is nice.

+1 for FHF. I’ve got their medium harness that I’ll either carry my binos In or a trauma kit. It’s a pretty slick piece of kit.

I use FHF currently with the add-on rangefinder pouch, just the old style without the loops.

meta_gabbro

Lil-Rokslider
Kydex holster with one of those spring loaded buckles. I'll either carry it on my hipbelt while hiking and put it on my belt at camp, or it stays on a DIY chest harness full-time. Which one I go with depends mostly on the weather, since fiddling with layers with the chest harness on is a bitch and a half.

Stroke250

Lil-Rokslider
I use an Alien Gear holster. I can easily remove it from my pack and install on a paddle style on my belt. They also have an add on that clips to the shoulder strap of the pack.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 109
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    303.8 KB · Views: 105

rbljack

WKR
Im not a fan of the chest holster set ups that have the muzzle pointed sideways instead of down. its a personal preference, but when around other people...I prefer to see barrels pointed DOWN....and not towards me or someone else. Just my 2 cents on it. I don't carry the handgun during my rifle hunts anyways. its carried during spring turkey hunts, hikes, meat hauls, or if I get back into it....bowhunts. Or if im with someone else that has a tag and they are the one hunting.

Safariland ubl drops the holster below the belt line without having to strap to thigh. Popular with Leo and military that wear body armor safariland also have a clip system that can let you move the holster from one platform to the other.

CO-AJ

WKR
Check Ivory Holsters, I like their clip system and of course the made in USA label. I believe they can customize anything you are looking for pretty easily.

I just got the Razco Universal chest holster and have loved it so far. Stays out of the way of my pack belt, is comfortable and easy access.

ganngus

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a Razco and loved it on my goat hunt a few weeks back. I crawled 250yds literally on my belly with no issues other than a dusty Glock. Definitely going to be attached to my bino harness in perpetuity.

Hey guys, first time posting here. I just got a pf940 Glock 17 With Buffalo bore +p woodsman Ammo that I plan on carrying When hiking in northern wi. I’m trying to figure out the best way to carry and have been considering either chest holster or a pack mounted holster on the waistband. Any favorite setups or brands for y’all?
I got Alaska guide gear bino harness and added their holster. works good as chest holster can also put on pack strap

Alien gear has you covered for both ways of carry my good man....and reasonable prices and guarantee for life, if you change guns they will swap you holsters free of charge.