Favorite Roast Recipes

Looking for ideas on roasts
Have a few standards and trying the Mississippi pot roast makes me want to expand the repertoire.
I'll share one
Any wild game roast
3 cans beans (black/pinto)
2 cans rotell tomatoes with chilis
Can corn
Diced onion
Salsa
Various seasons
-drain beans and corn
-dump everything in crockpot
-cook 6-8 hrs on low depending on roast

Shred meat and add rice for burritos.
Add to scrambled eggs
Eat with tortilla chips etc.

Great for leftovers

BTW the Mississippi roast was excellent.

So whats your favorite way to utilize a big ol hunk of wild game?

pdk25

FNG
Salt, pepper, and garlic in large quantities as a rub in every crevice of deboned and on fat on outside.

Broil at 550 , fat side up, uncovered for 15 minutes

Roast at 275, fat side up, uncovered until appropriate internal temperature.

Easy , at least when my wife does it. Simple and delicious. No point in overcooking it.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
hey, not actually a recipe but I’ve tried two roasts now in my wife’s Insta pot, formerly known as pressure cookers, and in two hours I got pretty much the same results I could get in a slow cooker all day. Still trying to perfect it, but don’t be afraid to give it a try. And you do have to brown the roast first FYI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roy68

WKR
Mississippi Pot Roasts and insta pots are the bomb. My wife and kids use our 2 insta pots multiple times a week.

Not a roasts per se but this year, in addition to missippi pot roast, I have tried and liked carnitas and corned venison. Carnitas is two step cooking so requires a little effort. The Danielle preset recipe below broils the meat after slow cooking To make it crisp. If you want to add some fat and flavor try pan frying the slow cooked meat in fat (bacon grease) after the slow cooker. I adapted the corned venison recipe from hank Shaw and cooked it in a slow cooker. Damn good with sour kraut and great rueben makings.