Favorite tripod and head

Jrok

FNG
New to the forum and just curious what tripod and head are everyone’s favorite for glassing mostly with binos but then being able to support a swarovski 95mm and not be super heavy. Thanks for any responses 👍🏼

Attachments

• 3D22FDE7-0BD8-419F-88EC-9AAF0EF6083C.jpeg
    3D22FDE7-0BD8-419F-88EC-9AAF0EF6083C.jpeg
    171.2 KB · Views: 36

Wheels

WKR
I am a fan of Outdoorsmans tripods paired with the Siriu VA5 head. The Outdoorsmans tripod heads are fantastic, but for the price difference the VA5 works great for me.

I would go with the Slik 824CF combo we have on sale now. Absorbs vibration very well. Comes with a pan head and for the money , it's unmatched

OP
Jrok

Jrok

FNG
I am a fan of Outdoorsmans tripods paired with the Siriu VA5 head. The Outdoorsmans tripod heads are fantastic, but for the price difference the VA5 works great for me.
I have the siriu va5 already and I have a small manfrotto ball head for binos. Just seeing everyone’s opinions seeing if I need to try some other things. Thanks for your response what do you like most about the outdoorsman’s legs?

Wheels

WKR
The Outdoorsmans tripod is much sturdier than my Slik tripod, especially in the wind. I do like the Slik while standing with binos.

OP
Jrok

Jrok

FNG
The Outdoorsmans tripod is much sturdier than my Slik tripod, especially in the wind. I do like the Slik while standing with binos.
Is there much of a weight difference that you notice or easier to deploy legs?

Wheels

WKR
Is there much of a weight difference that you notice or easier to deploy legs?
I have the Outdoorsmans medium and it’s 8 oz. heavier than my Slik 634, but the flip levers on the Outdoorsmans are quicker and easier to deploy that the twist lock legs on the Slik.

USP45

FNG
I would go with the Slik 824CF combo we have on sale now. Absorbs vibration very well. Comes with a pan head and for the money , it's unmatched

Did a search on tripods to use with Kowa 884 I have coming and found this thread, ordered. Looks like a great deal.