Favorite waterproof gun case?

JonS

WKR
Heading up in September for a float bou hunt. What’s your favorite way to keep rifle dry.
More points to you if you’ve got a great one that’s just collecting dust you’d like to let a CO boy borrow/buy.
Thanks

I used a voodoo tactical rifle bag from amazon on my island blacktail hunt last year. It was durable and effective for the price, but not floating and it'll only fit compact rifles (I used an 84m with 20" barrel). There are some longer options as well from other vendors. If you're going to be on some rough water a floating case may be a better route though

Attachments

• 20200229_212313.jpg
    20200229_212313.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 50

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I like the nomar ones. It’s a roll top design and it even floats. I use those exclusively and absolutely love them, wish I’d found them sooner. It rains like a bitch down in this part of AK and I’ve had these out on 10 day moose hunts, in my boat and float hunts, they work great and protect the gun well.

plus you can get them in any color you want.

Mr.Crumbz

FNG
Nanuk..... you get what you pay for. Never been a fan of pelican. Seahorse cars seem decent but have never seen a large rifle case in person.

Grumman

WKR
I’ve never heard of Nomar until this thread but those rifle bags do look great. That company has a lot of cool stuff on their website. I’d like to pick up one of their Hitch duffles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
JonS

JonS

WKR
Those Nomar are what I found before starting this thread. Anybody got one they bought and won’t need for a week or two at the end of September?
Rent, buy, let’s make a deal

chinook907

Lil-Rokslider
I've got what's called a Gunboat, a friend designed and marketed them years ago. I think it was the first roll top waterproof gun case. My friend has passed, and I don't think they're made anymore.
It's not padded, and supposed to float due to the trapped air.
I sometimes put a gun into a silicone impregnated fleece gun sock, then into the Gunboat.
I could probably just lend it to you. But be careful, it's got some sentimental value.

OP
JonS

JonS

WKR
I love my watershed dry bag for sure. Not sure I’m prepared to drop $479 for a bag, my airfare wasn’t much more than that, don’t do a ton of float hunting, and if so, usually have a way to dry out if necessary.
PM coming Mr. Chinook

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I prefer the nomar gun bags over the watersheds. For normal dry bags though I go watershed all the way, I have 3 of them.

Gen273

WKR
I’ve never heard of Nomar until this thread but those rifle bags do look great. That company has a lot of cool stuff on their website. I’d like to pick up one of their Hitch duffles.

I am going to check these bags out as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heading up in September for a float bou hunt. What’s your favorite way to keep rifle dry.
More points to you if you’ve got a great one that’s just collecting dust you’d like to let a CO boy borrow/buy.
Thanks
Anything pelican / storm case should be good to go. Used a pelican in AK with great success

So the electrical tape…. I’m guessing one piece over the muzzle? A “U” shape so just one thickness for bullet to blow through, and then wrap the straight pieces of the “U” with a separate piece AROUND there barrel?

I’m nobody’s artist. C6C64F50-7D10-4871-AA32-9F07DCC69BE5.jpeg