Feathered Friends Sleeping Bags

I've got an Ibis and it's been great even well below zero. I'm 5'10 185 and it's enough room for me to flop around in without getting tangled up.

I have a FF Lark 10 degree bag. Love it, half the weight of my 30 year old MEC -12 bag . I am 5'7'' and about 173 lbs. It is more tapered than my old bag but I have no issues sleeping in it. Definitely recommend these bags.

Can’t go wrong with either company. I recently picked up a wm caribou and have been using ff eos and Helios for years.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have both, I loved my western mountaineering and ordered the FF out of sheer curiosity.

In all honesty, between the bags I have, it’s a complete draw. I could grab either one of them and be more than happy with the choice.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ My feelings as well. I’d make my choice by comparing the bags you’re interested in- dimensions, weight, etc.

Quality is going to top notch with both.

easttex

Lil-Rokslider
In my limited experience FF delivers faster than they quote when the order is placed.

I currently own both, FF Raven and WM Kodiak. The advice by MtWarden says it all. I needed a second bag for a ‘23 Grand Canyon trip and bought the Kodiak because I’d always wanted a WM bag. A FF Ibis would have served as well. Both bags don’t disappoint me in any way and neither company will disappoint you. Exceptional bags.

Good luck and enjoy your adventure.

Frank
Hi Frank - I'm currently on the fence between your two bags: the Raven (with 3 or 4 oz overfill), or the Kodiak. I know the Kodiak would likely be warmer, even if I overfill the Raven. They seem close in size, with the Kodiak just a little wider in the chest and feet. I'm a restless side sleeper so I like a little extra room. Any difference in compression? The Kodiak is a little heavier so I assume it's bulkier too. Any feedback you have for me would be awesome!! Thanks!

fshaw

WKR
Hi Frank - I'm currently on the fence between your two bags: the Raven (with 3 or 4 oz overfill), or the Kodiak. I know the Kodiak would likely be warmer, even if I overfill the Raven. They seem close in size, with the Kodiak just a little wider in the chest and feet. I'm a restless side sleeper so I like a little extra room. Any difference in compression? The Kodiak is a little heavier so I assume it's bulkier too. Any feedback you have for me would be awesome!! Thanks!
The Raven compresses smaller with less effort. Both great bags. Thinking about getting a compression stuff sack for the Kodiak.

JakeShmevans

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I have a WM Summerlite and Versalite as well as an FF Ibis I believe. The Ibis is like bombproof, it’s wrapped in a Pertex Shield shell and is the highest quality bag I’ve ever seen. The WM are also up there but in my opinion they feel fragile with their light fabric. Both companies have great products so you can’t really go wrong.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I have a WM Summerlite and Versalite as well as an FF Ibis I believe. The Ibis is like bombproof, it’s wrapped in a Pertex Shield shell and is the highest quality bag I’ve ever seen. The WM are also up there but in my opinion they feel fragile with their light fabric. Both companies have great products so you can’t really go wrong.
Comparing Pertex Shield to the extreme lite fabrics isn't a fair comparison. Comparing Pertex Shield to the Windstopper bags from WM is a more level comparison.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

JakeShmevans

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Comparing Pertex Shield to the extreme lite fabrics isn't a fair comparison. Comparing Pertex Shield to the Windstopper bags from WM is a more level comparison.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
Agreed that it’s apples to oranges, however, I was going off of the bags I have and not necessarily directly comparing the fabrics.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah my lightweight fabrics on my two Flickers are pretty much on par with WM lightweight fabrics; my Snowbunting w/ Peretex is a whole different animal- have never tried WM's Windstopper, but guessing similar