Feedback for HNT 26 for a long range rifle?

It's kinda light for long range. If you didn't get a good weight and balance on your build, minute movement gets over exaggerated the further you're shooting on a light weight chassis like the hnt

It's kinda light for long range. If you didn't get a good weight and balance on your build, minute movement gets over exaggerated the further you're shooting on a light weight chassis like the hnt
Truth. Out to 500-600 yards it's not bad.. but out to 1000, I pretty much have to be prone off of a bag or tripod to be consistent

I’ve had two of them. I’ve sent two of them down the road in favor of traditional stocks. It was an easy choice when I simply swapped the barreled action out of the hnt26 and my stock and compared my groups.

FWIW I have shot lots of chassis rifles in competition and still prefer a chassis in that scenario but have moved on from chassis for hunting.

Some guys in my circle are having better luck with the hnt26 by bedding the front recoil lug area.

If I were you I would go buy the Seekins and call it good.

Shot one in 6.5 PRC when they first came out. Groups were 1&1/2 on a proof pre-fit. The action was walking in the chassis, because there is no way to bed them. Put the same gun in an XLR magnesium and bedded it, gun shoots sub 5/8” with factory ammo now.

I know a guy who's bed a few. He goes by papvanwinkle on social media. Believe he's a editor/tester for an outdoor magazine. Anyways he's got a pile of custom rifles and is a hell of a marksman. I'm sure he could walk you, or your smith through the process of bedding one. I have had my 22gt and 6gt in the hnt26 for the last year and it's no problems print 1/2 moa or better groups. These are low recoil cartridges though.

Shot one in 6.5 PRC when they first came out. Groups were 1&1/2 on a proof pre-fit. The action was walking in the chassis, because there is no way to bed them. Put the same gun in an XLR magnesium and bedded it, gun shoots sub 5/8” with factory ammo now.
Can absolutely bed the recoil lug

I believe soldier mountain arms is working on a kit to improve the recoil lug area on the HNT26. I’m running one on a 300 prc and haven’t had any issues with it.

I believe soldier mountain arms is working on a kit to improve the recoil lug area on the HNT26. I’m running one on a 300 prc and haven’t had any issues with it.
Tell me more about the kit

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

Ive also had a thought. Some company should make aftermarket cheek weld/ butt part. This my setup, rokstok ish. But needs a better toe and the adjustable pad its a heavy tank.
59a90c3540aa3b68ef4399abd9c2a0ae.jpg

Tell me more about the kit

If you have instagram or facebook, check them out there. They are just starting to sell them to the public now. It is not exactly plug and play - needs fully bedded. It adds a lug well, just like your standard stocks. Before it didn't have anything in front to bed to. It is a cool design, and should make that chassis more robust.

If you have instagram or facebook, check them out there. They are just starting to sell them to the public now. It is not exactly plug and play - needs fully bedded. It adds a lug well, just like your standard stocks. Before it didn't have anything in front to bed to. It is a cool design, and should make that chassis more robust.
Can u screen shot it and pm me? I dont do Instagram or Facebook

Attachments

• 476E845D-84CF-4FBA-94AC-16C0961953B0.png
    476E845D-84CF-4FBA-94AC-16C0961953B0.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
  • 042334B0-1DAA-4E87-BC04-9E962C4E1549.png
    042334B0-1DAA-4E87-BC04-9E962C4E1549.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
  • EC6FA2FC-A05A-4103-86FD-EB9277C16575.png
    EC6FA2FC-A05A-4103-86FD-EB9277C16575.png
    1 MB · Views: 15
I’ve got a custom build in 6.5 PRC in this chassis. I set it up a few months ago as my primary hunting rifle and absolutely adore it. I’ve probably got 150 rounds through it so far, shooting somewhere between 1/2-3/4 MOA. No accuracy issues.

The folding stock is actually a big selling feature for me, it packs very well on a backpack and it’s just easier to move around. I agree though, it does expose your scope a bit and you’ve got to use some caution when you’re dropping your pack. I broke a lens cap on my bear hunt a few weeks ago doing this.

That said, it is a sweet shooting rifle and I couldn’t be happier.

Attachments

• IMG_2204.jpeg
    IMG_2204.jpeg
    646 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2022.jpeg
    IMG_2022.jpeg
    235 KB · Views: 8
Back