Feedback request: NM arrowhead outfitters

Craw3773

FNG
Hey everyone, I've booked this outfitter for a hunt next Aug. After getting the shaft in Montana, I'd like to make sure it doesn't happen again before I send the deposit in.

I've read some positive reviews, but if anyone has any input, that would be great.

mt100gr.

WKR
Not sure how their antelope hunts are, but a couple buddies and myself booked with NM Arrowhead Outfitters a couple years ago to hunt Barbary sheep. I was less than impressed with their effort.

We had a quick meeting the night before the first day and the guides assured us that shots would be fleeting so "don't worry about where you hit one, just get a bullet in it". That rubbed me the wrong way from the start.

Day 1 - Guides truck has a flat so we drove our truck the next 4 days.

Day 2-4 - Pretty much just drove around and checked areas...a few short hikes to look into "other areas"

Overall they were quite lazy. We met them at a camp site, so no accommodations, which was expected, but even after a couple days we just kept looking at all the same ground even though we suggested moving camp. We had made it clear that we wanted to hike, wanted to get out into the country and we got stuck with an older fellow that was very content to glass from the roads. Frustrating.

I'd guess that Barbary hunts are secondary to their bread and butter but I would absolutely ask them for references specific to antelope hunts.

Sorry you got pooched here in MT.

Jimss

WKR
I would ask for a complete guided antelope hunter list for the last 2 seasons. See if they are willing to put forth the effort to send this to you!