Feelings during The Hunt

hey there Ladies ! grateful to be here to get a Womban's perspective !

I have a lady friend here next to me who is curious as to how you go about internal processing of your emotions during a Hunt !

the last time she went Hunting was when she was 12 years old with her Dad in Wisconsin . they spent most of the daylight setting up a spot to take out a deer . and when it came time for the Dad to pull the trigger she got tugged by her Heart strings and became distraught and could not go thru with the kill

her emotional blurtage of "don't shoot it Dad" brought empathic Feelings to the Dad about the killing of a deer . so he lowered his gun and they Journeyed home empty handed .

she knows that Hunting is something she wants to fully accomplish. to appreciate the full Cycle of Reality . to remember the relationship we share with animals and to Honor the full process from Wilderness to dinner plate .

how do you all go about processing this internally ? any tips or stories are all welcome here !

thank you for your input

Last edited:
I replied in the other thread, sorry your having to deal with a couple idiots...or maybe psychotics if they really don't have any emotions.

Also, combat vet here - emotions belong to both genders and I have had to do the job of men that were shaking with fear (visibly & this was not a leg unit) never mind crying so the responses over there are just absolutely stupid.

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
I felt more stress and pressure during the actual hunt, but also sadness afterwards. Whether or not the men admit it, I feel like they think and feel the same as women. Some people, men or women, are more sensitive and some aren’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is the hard part of hunting. Knowing your taking an animals life and a lot of people can’t stomach that.

However there are lots of positives. Hunting brings us joy, wonderful memories, and food on our table. It’s been a primal activity for our species as humans for thousands of years.

Learning to be present and sit with your feelings is helpful. Replaying the perfect scenario in your mind over and over again. Then when it comes time for real to pull the trigger your mentally prepared. Being proactive not reactive is the goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I replied in the other thread, sorry your having to deal with a couple idiots...or maybe psychotics if they really don't have any emotions.
Why do people always assume that if you have no emotions you're psychotic. If you have no emotions you're a robot. Even psychotics have emotions. Heck, you should see me slapping high fives with the trees after putting an arrow through a bull. But that has nothing to do with "internal processing of emotions". I guess that would be external processing.

IDLassie

Lil-Rokslider
My first deer at 12 yrs old. I had the emotions of those big brown eyes staring at me. That night in bed it bothered me but I kept telling myself this what I had waited for for several years. It's never bothered me since.
I'm in my 60's now and I'm still hunting and enjoying every minute of being out there.

Thread dredge, I know, but I went through the same thing. Basically, I told myself either you can kill animals, or you're vegan. Either one is fine, but the middle ground of "someone else kills it where I can't see it" is not OK.