Finally a Truly Universal Digiscope Adapter

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Quick shout out to Novagrade digiscoping adapters, this thing is awesome. Since I upgraded to a new phone and have yet to find my perfect spotting scope I wanted a system that was usable with any choice that I made in the future. So with in mind I started researching the various Universal adapter systems. With a few keys stokes I discovered this article by Matt Cashell, Novagrade Phone Adapter. Guess I hadn't been paying attention because my search followed up with a Justin Crossley article, Versatility in Digiscoping. Then there some member feed back in this thread, Novagrade Ranger App. All these reviews are excellant reads but I'll share a few quotes from the articles.
Bitterroot Bulls--"This is an instrument built for a lifetime of hard, versatile use."
Justin Crossley--"After the initial alignment, I didn't have to make any adjustments when attaching my phone for proceeding pictures. That speaks to the robustness of the adapter"
SLDMTN--"universal normally means it can do them all but none of them well, which is not the case here"
elkeaterco--"I really like how secure and easy it attached to my spotter"
sneaky--"The adapter hasn't skipped a beat, just wish the rest of my gear would hold up that well"
Those above testimonials were more than enough for me to want to get a Novagrade on the way for myself.

Last edited:
OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
You're never going to look back! I'm still using my original Novagrade phone adapter and never have to worry about which spotter or phone I'm using. One of my favorite pieces of gear.
I really regret waiting because of the preconceptions I had about the various other universal adapters out there.I must have been under a rock while everyone else on Rokslide knew how awesome the Novagrade is.
f2951279f6269dfbdb688fd2589a04bb.jpg
In true Rokslide fashion this is a "Buy once, Cry once" tool that always (any optic, any phone) works as intended.

Last edited:
OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
18280bb18a8f37d42812ce70456381b3.jpg
First impressions are; love how securely it mounts to my scope.
f4b68e2c4433b779f36084f42e7f7753.jpg
The Novagrade is easy to mount horizontal and it stays there when you want to record video.
881391e3e37d06f3acdef4d59faee1e0.jpg

The vignetting is easily removed with slight camera adjustments but it doesn't bother me because typically I'm simply sharing the photo by text or I can edit, crop it and post it up later.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I still have the single gripper and am pretty happy with it. Glad you’re liking this Sam. Nice of Doug at Novagrade to send it out for testing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nice of Doug at Novagrade to send it out for testing.

Your so right Robby. Thanks again Doug, all you guys over at Novagrade have been awesome to work with. I do appreciate the hands on opportunity to use the Novagrade though out the season.

Sure I thought I was content with my prior setup but dang I never knew what I was missing. Like most "Buy once, Cry once" you appreciate the real "VALUE" when you put it to work. The better and easier something is to use the more you'll use it, and that's a fact.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Pricey, but not too bad considering you need multiple adapters for multiple optics which adds up. Dang it Rokslide you’re gonna put me in the poorhouse!

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Last edited:
K

Kootenay Hunter

First off, cool product.

There are other universal clamping style holders that achieve the same goal, albeit, maybe not using the same method, but I guess once you get the right sizing piece dialed in, you're good to go with this Novagrade unit, cool!

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks like a sweet unit! Any idea what it weighs?
Here's a picture this is a quality component
e06fd42e2cfa2fce2858e50af7ad0d7a.jpg
Here's a quick reference to a snack bag I had in my pack.
5135c12dd33941ca155e9cca0714e65e.jpg
For me it's just about another day of snacks.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

3forks

WKR
18280bb18a8f37d42812ce70456381b3.jpg
First impressions are; love how securely it mounts to my scope.
f4b68e2c4433b779f36084f42e7f7753.jpg
The Novagrade is easy to mount horizontal and it stays there when you want to record video.
881391e3e37d06f3acdef4d59faee1e0.jpg

The vignetting is easily removed with slight camera adjustments but it doesn't bother me because typically I'm simply sharing the photo by text or I can edit, crop it and post it up later.

Cool pic of those sage grouse!

Grecco

FNG
I would email them telling them that you really like how this looks and ask them if the have any promo code. I have tried that with a couple of companies and have had some luck.

THBZN

Lil-Rokslider
Any input on single vs. double gripper? Sorry if this was asked earlier, just curious on pros and cons, weight/price, etc.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Any input on single vs. double gripper? Sorry if this was asked earlier, just curious on pros and cons, weight/price, etc.

Matt Cashell reviewed the single versus the double last year on here somewhere. Just do a search. Pretty sure he confirmed the double was definitely better