Finally some good news: GAO Act passed the house

Heard that great news from multiple sources yesterday. It’s truly a big deal and will expand access to hunting and fishing. Know that SCI’s DC Office had been working pretty tirelessly trying to further it. It’s also a great day for the Congressional Sportsman’s Caucus.

huntineveryday

Lil-Rokslider
It passed both the senate and house with about 3/4 of the vote, and Trump tweeted support for the bill shortly before the vote yesterday.

The fact that our government can get a bill through senate and congress without adding a bunch of amendments, with support from all around...it's a bit of fresh air compared to the bullcrap we usually see in Washington.

Thank you Cal and Meateater, plus the legislators and all other organizations that fought for this. Personally I believe Meateater brought this to the attention of more people than all the others combined.

Thank you Cal and Meateater, plus the legislators and all other organizations that fought for this. Personally I believe Meateater brought this to the attention of more people than all the others combined.
Not trying to be argumentative because I know the influence someone like Rinella can have, but there are many times more conservationists and conservation organizations who are not hunter focused that have been working on this legislation every year, for years. Making LWCF permanent has been the goal of nearly every conservation org. in this country, from the Sierra Club and Defenders of Wildlife to DU and SCI. This is a huge bill for conservation that will also benefit hunters. I just hope it passes the Senate and gets signed by the pres.

Fully funding the LWCF and the maintenance backlog of federal land mgt. agencies is something that people on both sides of the aisle can agree on. And we need legislation like this, at a time like this, more than ever.

Last edited:

hbc07

FNG
Please make sure to find out how your specific representative and senator voted on the bill. Do your research!!!
Both of my senators voted against it... I sent a message to one asking to vote in favor, and 2 weeks later received what seemed like 2 page long email stating "Nah"

dryfly101

Lil-Rokslider
Wow, 16 million land locked acres is a staggering number. Sounds like progress in the right direction.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

dryfly101

Lil-Rokslider
Both of my senators voted against it... I sent a message to one asking to vote in favor, and 2 weeks later received what seemed like 2 page long email stating "Nah"
Jeez, both of Idaho's senators voted against it as well. The Wilks brothers lobbyists seem to be doing a good job for them.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Another thing to consider is that the funding of the maintenance backlogs for NPS, BLM and other federal land management agencies will help serve as a bit of a "stimulus" package because it will put a lot of private contractors to work. I can't see the logic in voting against this right now tbh.

so basically giving the the money to do the proper maintence that they have been needing to do for decades. glad someone on capitol hill is finally realizing that we need to maintain our infrastructure, not just build it and forget about it.