Finished my arrows for the 2023 season

dhaverstick

Lil-Rokslider
EIQjuM5.jpg

y0SmHOZ.jpg

2fIlIVE.jpg

bmBFCDG.jpg

I finished my arrows yesterday for the upcoming season. Once again, my wife, Leah, did a phenomenal job enhancing my flame cresting. I will be taking these with me on my fall moose hunt and she painted a lot of good juju on them. Go, Team Haverstick!

Specifications: The shafts are 5/16" red balau from Forrester Woodshafts. The fletching came from Ozark Feathers and the broadheads are 190 grain Meatheads. The average arrow weight is 760 grains. They will fly slow but hit like a freight train! I will be shooting them out of a 62" Wild Horse Creek longbow that pulls 54 pounds at 28".

Darren

OP
dhaverstick

dhaverstick

Lil-Rokslider
Tattoo shafts. Love the Meatheads and I actually named them for TuffHead owner.

That really cool! Sure wish TuffHead hadn't sold out. The new owners, Sirius Archery, are pretty much doing away with all the original broadheads and are introducing their own designs which look nothing like a TuffHead or MeatHead. Not sure why you would buy a broadhead company and then get rid of the signature product. I guess I'll start shooting Cutthroats and/or Grizzlies

Darren

Sapcut

WKR
That really cool! Sure wish TuffHead hadn't sold out. The new owners, Sirius Archery, are pretty much doing away with all the original broadheads and are introducing their own designs which look nothing like a TuffHead or MeatHead. Not sure why you would buy a broadhead company and then get rid of the signature product. I guess I'll start shooting Cutthroats and/or Grizzlies

Darren
Yea. I did notice they have the “classic” Tuffheads and Meatheads back on their website now.

Joe Furlong was the original TuffHead owner/inventer/creator. Absolute awesome human being. I designed a unique broadhead adaptor for him that he and Abower manufactured and sold. Not sure if Sirius still sells them or not. Also made and sold aluminum footings to TuffHead before footings were a market. Now Sirius and others sell the steel version. He does still carry my aluminum version, however.

omfs26

FNG
EIQjuM5.jpg

y0SmHOZ.jpg

2fIlIVE.jpg

bmBFCDG.jpg

I finished my arrows yesterday for the upcoming season. Once again, my wife, Leah, did a phenomenal job enhancing my flame cresting. I will be taking these with me on my fall moose hunt and she painted a lot of good juju on them. Go, Team Haverstick!

Specifications: The shafts are 5/16" red balau from Forrester Woodshafts. The fletching came from Ozark Feathers and the broadheads are 190 grain Meatheads. The average arrow weight is 760 grains. They will fly slow but hit like a freight train! I will be shooting them out of a 62" Wild Horse Creek longbow that pulls 54 pounds at 28".

Darren
Very nice!

OP
dhaverstick

dhaverstick

Lil-Rokslider
Yea. I did notice they have the “classic” Tuffheads and Meatheads back on their website now.

Joe Furlong was the original TuffHead owner/inventer/creator. Absolute awesome human being. I designed a unique broadhead adaptor for him that he and Abower manufactured and sold. Not sure if Sirius still sells them or not. Also made and sold aluminum footings to TuffHead before footings were a market. Now Sirius and others sell the steel version. He does still carry my aluminum version, however.

Unfortunately, that run of the "classics" is short lived and they only come in right-bevel. I emailed them about it and the guy I heard from pretty much said when these were gone then that was it.

Sounds like you did some cool stuff. Keep it up!

Darren