Fire pit cooking grate?

OP
A

Agross

WKR
Yes the flat stock slides through the square tubr for the extending and retracting. By all means use it. Fantastic for at home and camping with the truck. Here are a few close ups, hope they help.

View attachment 179779View attachment 179781View attachment 179782

The round stock also will slide into the square bracket, which in turn i slide into a pvc tube with one cap removable for storage/transit. Havent thought of a good way for the grate besides a trash bag.
Man that is slick! Thank you for the additional pics. What do you call that little piece that you use to hook to the grate? Also what are the rough dimensions of the stock you used? You dont have to go out and measure everything, just rough ideas if you dont mind. I'm gonna have to find somebody to fab me one up like this. I really like it. Somewhat simple but extremely functional. Thanks again.

MTSabo

WKR
Man that is slick! Thank you for the additional pics. What do you call that little piece that you use to hook to the grate? Also what are the rough dimensions of the stock you used? You dont have to go out and measure everything, just rough ideas if you dont mind. I'm gonna have to find somebody to fab me one up like this. I really like it. Somewhat simple but extremely functional. Thanks again.

No problem. Nothing really has a name its all custom. The hardest part was getting the square bracket cut right, took several tries. I havent made any in quite some time. My rough guess from memory is 3/4" for the round stock base. 1 1/4" flat stock welded to 1/2" round for the grate support arm. The grate bracket is just steel tube welded to a disk drilled and tapped.

tp308

Lil-Rokslider
Picked this up @ my local farm store for $30... 36”
diameter. Love it and have used it a ton in the last couple of weeks. Nothing like cooking over an open fire!FD92BA48-E585-42AB-BE7C-613F35479DC2.jpeg