Firenock Nocks Breaking

CG86

FNG
Anyone have any experience with Firenocks? I purchased a G style set up a month back and have been practicing with them since. Both with the practice weights and the actual lighted nocks. The last few nights however I have had 3 of the actual plastic nocks break. Curious if anyone else has had these issues or if those are just some isolated incidents that probably won't continue to be an issue through the season. Not sure when they are breaking. Just notice there is a piece missing when I go to shoot some times. Would hate to have to change these up at this point.

No impacts I assume?

I have limited experience with them, but didn't find them to be brittle. 2 different sizes, but can't currently recall what they were. .246 and .166 sized shafts.

Zac

WKR
Never had an issue myself, are you shooting groups? If not just call Dorge he should be able to figure it out.

HuntWyld

WKR
Yep I break them all the time. If they get slapped or skip through the dirt they become susceptible to breaking fairly easily. Just swap them out regularly.

Beendare

WKR
I went away from those lighted noks just for that reason- breakage.

I made a great stalk on a wild boar rooting in some 4’ tall weeds so I had to get close. The nok broke on the shot…the hog was 20 and the arrow went 10…..disapointing.

Plus it can’t be good for the bow.

dkime

WKR
The amount of firenock G nocks I’ve broke strictly on the release of the shot was enough for me to never shoot a single other lighted nock again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tilzbow

WKR
I broke a few different brands of G nocks at the shot when I first started shooting Black Eagle Deep Impact arrows. The nocks sent with the arrows were particularly bad. Since I started shooting the Easton Deep 6 nocks 8 or 9 years ago I’ve never had one break at the shot.

OR Archer

WKR
In my opinion no company makes a good G size lighted nock. Not a big fan of lighted nocks anyways but the G size are all trash. Best nock for that size arrow is a standard Deep 6 nock from Easton.