First Bear Upper Michigan

bobinmi

WKR
I second cedar Savage...all those years of saving to throw away on a 3rd season leftover would just be depressing...one more year and you should be able to get Baldwin unit ...heck hopefully next year this Corona crud will pass and you could get otc tag in Canada to get your bear hunting fix. I just wouldn't go wasting all those points you spent so long building.
Shows you how much I've paid attention to bear hunting regs in michigan. LOL. I assumed that if I didn't draw, I could buy a leftover and not lose my points. I guess I won't be going over the counter. I can't bring myself to give up on the points. This is why. I've watched him for 2 yrs. To be honest, it won't be much of a hunt but it will be "fair chase" and I think he can take a run at the state record.

Attachments

• bear.jpeg
    bear.jpeg
    33.4 KB · Views: 8
OP
C
That’s a dandy bear.
Shows you how much I've paid attention to bear hunting regs in michigan. LOL. I assumed that if I didn't draw, I could buy a leftover and not lose my points. I guess I won't be going over the counter. I can't bring myself to give up on the points. This is why. I've watched him for 2 yrs. To be honest, it won't be much of a hunt but it will be "fair chase" and I think he can take a run at the state record.

mibighntr

FNG
Took me 15yrs to draw in Baldwin. Over 50 hours in a stand and never saw a bear. Had a couple 400+ visiting at night and tried every trick to get them to come in daylight, but no luck. Temps in upper 80's and bright sunny days surely didn't help.

The top two in the state record books have came from the Baldwin unit...there's some genuine hogs in that unit for sure...like that beast in your pic. Full mount is all I can say about that fella!