First bow - Draw length over 30"?

Trent3449

FNG
Hello Everyone,

I am new to archery and looking to get my first hunting bow. I was gifted a 2011 PSE Dominator Pro and was told it can easily be used for hunting. Unfortunately I quickly realized that I need a bow with a longer Draw length (I am 6'3'). Hoping to get some suggestions on budget friendly bow for a longer draw length. Also would be willing to trade the PSE for a hunting bow with a draw length over 30".

The Guide

WKR
Hello Everyone,

I am new to archery and looking to get my first hunting bow. I was gifted a 2011 PSE Dominator Pro and was told it can easily be used for hunting. Unfortunately I quickly realized that I need a bow with a longer Draw length (I am 6'3'). Hoping to get some suggestions on budget friendly bow for a longer draw length. Also would be willing to trade the PSE for a hunting bow with a draw length over 30".
Many bows just need a different cam module or the cam module rotated on adjustable models to lengthen the draw length. Take the bow to a good archery pro shop that sells PSE bows and talk to them about extending your draw length.

Jay

dtrkyman

WKR
Pretty sure that year dominator went to 30.5, a lot of bows draw a bit long so it is likely close to 31.

Just because your 6'3" does not mean you need a 30" plus dl!

Find a good pro shop.

Cubby

WKR
You probably don't need a newer bow just adjust the way one you have. First thing first find your draw length then go from there