First coronavirus death was several weeks before we thought...

NDGuy

WKR
Ya antibody testing will be interesting to see how long it's been circulating widely.

Lots of people I know got really sick December-Feb this year.

notradame

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the thread as i didn't get this information till now, Look there are so many conspiracy about the Virus outbreak, Killing so many people and yet no one has been held responsible for this...I'd really be pissed if all of this slide down just like that because one thing is for sure, China deliberately exposed the world to a killer Virus they created.

Scrappy

WKR
I'm still in the boat with the guys and gals that believe this was here late last year. We have already moved it closer to last year with the OP's news story.

A different but related question I have is dealing with the meat processing facilities. Is all the positive test results coming about because all the employees are sick or is just because one was sick, so we test everyone there? Which in my mind will only prove a a ton of people are walking around with it. Take 1,000 test and walk into any factory that is operating and I believe you will get a ton of positive test results no matter were you administer the test.

Last edited:

Bdjones

Lil-Rokslider
Ya antibody testing will be interesting to see how long it's been circulating widely.

Lots of people I know got really sick December-Feb this year.
I got his with it in ND back during archery season. Cost me a monster buck coughing a lung up...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
ODB

ODB

WKR
Just to put the timeframe in perspective...this person died 4 days after the super bowl...where were our heads on this thing during the super bowl? It was a whole different world that long ago.

And this is the most important quote:

Dr. Jeff Smith, a physician who is the chief executive of Santa Clara County government, said earlier this month that data collected by the CDC, local health departments and others suggest it was “a lot longer than we first believed” — most likely since “back in December.”

“This wasn’t recognized because we were having a severe flu season,” Smith said in an interview. “Symptoms are very much like the flu. If you got a mild case of COVID, you didn’t really notice. You didn’t even go to the doctor. The doctor maybe didn’t even do it because they presumed it was the flu.”

Because we were having a severe flu season...

let me correct that, “Because it’s difficult to differentiate between the vast majority of flu and CV cases since most pts self treat at home and never seek medical help.”

when you get away from the blame game, the actual information is very important.

Benjblt

WKR

fatlander

WKR
When the initial largest outbreaks were all nursing homes all across the country that told you all you needed to know.

Those people don’t get out much. The people coming to visit them likely weren’t getting to Wuhan too often either.

What does that tell you? There was mass community spread long before we crashed the world economy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ODB

ODB

WKR
I've been saying it for a while. So does a shut down help us out this late?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

There is no one-size-fits-all solution. This is what is causing the big riff in the country right now. I honestly do not think keeping things closed to the point where moms at a park and guys having a beer on a roof are fined - that's flat-out bullshit. And the cops arresting these people do not have masks on? Why not? A vulgar display of power...

And I also do not think people realize the after-effects of 22-million unemployed. The way things are now is NOT what it feels like - give it a month of depression-era unemployment and when do you have - a depression.

Just like shutting stuff down was an effort to 'flatten the curve" for infections/ deaths, opening things up is an effort to do the same - just in reverse for the economy.

Matt mi

Lil-Rokslider
Nov of 2019 bunch of people including myself (at end of dec) got sick at my work (news paper company)high fever body aches cough. My friend 39 and two sons 16 and 18 went to dr for it the only thing the doc could say is it was not the flu but some kind of upper respiratory infection just told them to drink plenty of fluids. We all recovered by Feb and made it out for archery elk hunt but all of 2020 I've just been tired. Maybe I'm just tired of how stupid and ignorant people are about this subject

BFR

WKR
I believe that it’s been around a lot longer than we know. May-July 2019 I developed a cough, fever, ached all over and headaches which I discounted because I have migraines. After 4 weeks of that I went to the VA clinic, Dr had blood tests, ordered a C-pac, and another prescription for the cough. Didn’t help. At my follow up the Dr said it wasn’t the flu and that he had no idea what it was. End of July it stopped, just got up, no aches, no fever, no constant cough, nothing. COVID? I don’t know, but had it been May of 2020 that would have been the diagnosis no doubt.

Mosby

WKR
My oldest son almost died 18 yrs ago from a deadly strain of an unidentified virus. He was 13, spent almost a year on a feeding tube and 3 1/2 years in and out of the Mayo Clinic. There are always strains of deadly virus' going around and most get categorized under the "flu". Unless you are really old or compromised, survival rates year to year are extremely high and many times it is undiagnosed or missed diagnosed anyway. I personally think its a waste of time to spend time worrying about who was first or how many people are sick or died. Everything reported or unreported has a political purpose these days. If you get sick your odds are good and the're limits to what medically they can do anyway. Like everything else in life, I will deal with it when and if I have to but I am not wasting time dwelling on the negative. It doesn't do any good or change anything. Something I learned first hand.

RO1459

FNG
I had it in late January and first week of Feb. I got tested for the Flu and was neg. When we learned that COVID was here in the US my doctor asked me come back in to get tested. That was in April and I had antibodies at that time. Then in July, they asked me to come back and I was tested again. This time I had no antibodies. So even if you get it, you will only be safe 90 to 120 days. Or so I have told by the doctors at Erlanger Hospital, in Chattanooga. They have also said that while I should get the vaccine, it may be the same as having the illness. (90 to 120 days of immunity.) That said, I have decided not to get the vaccine.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Everything reported or unreported has a political purpose these days.
Just like WHO's new report that there could be evidence that the virus started outside of Wuhan. China and the WHO are doing everything they can to deflect the origin of the China Virus away from China.

BFR

WKR
You can't be so sure. Sound sexactly like cold flu to me. After it stopped, did you do any medical check-up to know the state of health post illness?
Cold flu? I’ve had colds and I’ve had flu, this wasn’t either. Yes, they didn’t do tests but were surprised and said maybe it just took awhile for the C-pac to work, .........uh yeah, months. They still had no idea.

Jacack

WKR
I had it in late January and first week of Feb. I got tested for the Flu and was neg. When we learned that COVID was here in the US my doctor asked me come back in to get tested. That was in April and I had antibodies at that time. Then in July, they asked me to come back and I was tested again. This time I had no antibodies. So even if you get it, you will only be safe 90 to 120 days. Or so I have told by the doctors at Erlanger Hospital, in Chattanooga. They have also said that while I should get the vaccine, it may be the same as having the illness. (90 to 120 days of immunity.) That said, I have decided not to get the vaccine.

I posted this before but almost the same story here with my mother, 72 years old. U found her in bed very sick and struggling to breath after her not answering the phone all day. That was Feb 9th as it was my wife's bday and mom was going to baby sit for us that night

Flu test negative, Dr's had no answers but she spent around 8 days in the hospital with respiratory issues. I remember her saying nothing tasted right and her not wanting to ear much. She spent around 2 more weeks at home just completely wiped out, like wouldn't even go get the mail down the driveway

She tested positive for anti bodies a few months later

Doesn't really mean much but in my mind they clearly still don't know much about this virus other than its pretty Easy to convince the masses.