First DIY Projects

kylem

Lil-Rokslider
Here are a my first real attempts at sewing. Other than a couple little pullouts and stuff sacks, I had never really sewed before and I think they turned out pretty well. The first I made was a quilt for myself, then a couple days later I made a double quilt for my wife and I. They look a little time and there were a lot of lessons learned along they way, but in the end I was very happy about how they turned out. They were both made with 5 oz Climashield APEX and I'm hoping that they will get us down to around 30 degrees or so. My next project is a silnylon flat tarp, but I'm not sure what size to make it yet. I want something that will be big enough for the wife and I plus our gear and chocolate lab, but not way big for a solo hunt. What size do you guys think would be best? I am thinking anywhere from 9'x9' to 9'x12'.

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 116
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 124
  • image4.JPG
    image4.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 112
  • image3.JPG
    image3.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 103

WoodBow

WKR
Looks good. I made mine from 10 oz and based on how it has performed i think 30 degrees will be a stretch for 5 oz. However you may sleep more comfortably at colder temps than i do.