First Lite back at Scheel’s

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think being in stores makes more sense for the whitetail line as there’s just so much more people to market to. Western hunting clothes I just don’t see enough of a market to do so.

OP
Jayhawkhunter
I think being in stores makes more sense for the whitetail line as there’s just so much more people to market to. Western hunting clothes I just don’t see enough of a market to do so.
Definitely a whitetail push, which makes sense in the Midwest / curious if western state Scheel’s will carry other FL pieces?

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Definitely a whitetail push, which makes sense in the Midwest / curious if western state Scheel’s will carry other FL pieces?
I’ve been meaning to get up to the one near me. I’m on the fringe of Muley and WT so I would expect them to here.

If it’s the same price as you can buy it from their website then that shows you that the “better pricing” of going direct to consumer was total bs.
I never noticed they dropped prices when they went “direct”. They used to have a few racks in my local Dicks here in PA. It was nice to be able to try on some things to dial in size.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
There’s a sign in the entrance here in MT but haven’t seen any displays like that….granted I could have walked right by and not noticed. Not exactly whitetail capital up here but they are certainly around in mass at lower elevations.

FL didn’t seem to have much of a price adjustment at all when they went DTC, which bugged me. With some things I’ve found the quality lacking and with others it has been great. The meat eater acquisition has brought more colors and product development from them so generally it seems to be a good thing for FL and consumers. Seeing it in the store isn’t a bad thing to me, but does leave me questioning their pricing for sure.

Sitka is still holding strong with the retail model. It IS nice being able to try it on. It’s interesting that SG has a hybrid approach like FL is trying, it obviously works.

Maverick1

WKR
I was in a Scheels store a few weeks ago and they were getting ready to put the displays out. A couple of carts full of the FL gear.

LFC911

WKR
I need to stop in there and check it out as they didn't have FL a few weeks ago when i asked. I like the idea of trying stuff on for sizing and then ordering online to get my discount and/or a different pattern/solid.

t_carlson

WKR
I guess their direct to consumer model didn't work out. 😄

Not surprised. LOTS of reasons to avoid FL clothing. First and foremost, is crappy durability/quality. Who they're owned by and what political issues they embrace is a close second.

oldgoat

WKR
Haven't been in the actual store, but doing a web search with the store here in Colorado, they don't list anything. Edit: just changed my store from the local one to the Overland Park store and it still came up with no results found, maybe they aren't offering online?