First Lite Cipher pattern and Giveaway!

cooper10

FNG
I would love to try the vapor storm light jacket as i spend a lot of time hunting all over oregon as we all know it rains in oregon a little. I already have the uncomphgre puffy and love it one of my go to items.

I think the Vapor rain jacket would be great addition to the gear list for our turkey hunt in Montana in the beginning of April (Actually during the Rendezvous 2017). My wife, my father-in-law, and I are diehard turkey hunters from WI. With her father getting up there in age, we wanted to try to get him one bird closer to his grand slam this year. We decided to pursue the Montana mountains in search of merriams, and we were fortunate enough to draw tags in a special draw area! We are beyond excited make some memories that we will remember forever. I think this jacket would be great for hiking the mountains in inclement weather to allow us the time to make sure we are successful. I have read that spring Montana weather can be tough, so a jacket as breathable as this one would help to prevent overheating while hiking. We plan to sport a few other Firstlite garments while on the trip, as well.

Thanks for the opportunity, and good to all this hunting season!

View attachment 48469

Brandon

Netherman

WKR
I'm interested in the Vapor Stormlight and think the cipher pattern would be awesome for my two Montana hunts this year. A friend and I will be backpack archery elk hunting in September. Then we are heading back out there in November with my friend's dad for a rifle deer hunt. The ultralight aspect will ensure that I actually bring it along.

It also looks great for archery whitetail in Michigan. Perfect to leave in the pack for that dreaded late October freezing rain. Honestly I'd rather it just snow...

Nick

BH107

FNG
Vapor storm light for me. The new Cipher pattern is perfect for the open country and rocks I hunt in Colorado, as well as the more open areas i'm now planning to hunt in Montana. First Lite gear has worked flawlessly for me, and the new waterproof layer would be a great addition for when things get wet.

jimriver

FNG
Uncompahgre puffy jacket

Uncompahgre puffy jacket

I will be using it in Colorado and it will make a perfect jacket for early morning or evening to keep the chill off when glassing from 10,000 ft.

wavygravy

FNG
I'd have to go with the Vapor stormlight rain jacket. Where would I use it you ask? Well I'd use it in Colorado's San Juan mountains during early archery elk season of course. Then you may wonder, well why do you need it? Well, let's not mention the daily, soaking thunderstorms that pass through the area, but if I'm being honest, it's because my current rain gear suuuucckkkssss. But also the whole soaking thunderstorms thing too. It turns out that using a frogg toggs poncho not only takes up a lot of room in your pack, but it's terrible to walk around in. Needless to say, an upgrade would be killer.

JBatir

FNG
Thank you for the review and pictures of the new pattern in action! Thanks to Rokslide and Firstlite for the giveaway!

I would be interested in trying out the Uncompahgre puffy in the field. My primary hunting is public lands in the Texas Blackland prairies and currently my camo set up is a mix-match of goodwill materials. I hunt this region because of distance to my house and the lower cost to hunt public land. More of the hunting I have done is still hunting, so lots of sitting and waiting, which gets cold. On first seeing this pattern, I was concerned it may not blend well with the grasslands I usually hunt, but I know it will likely out-perform any other pattern on my infrequent trips to the Texas hill country and west Texas. Given the price of quality outdoor clothing, I wanted to find a pattern that suits my current hunting best that would last a good long time and that is the main reason I have not purchased any Cipher yet. Given the opportunity, however, I would gladly give an honest review of the pattern for prairie land hunting (I've got a turkey hunt planned in 3 weeks) and in the future further review for west Texas.

I would like to win the Vapor Stormlight Jacket. It would be perfect for hunting in the Southwest desert for when those unexpected rainstorms roll in (yes, we do have rain in the desert). Specifically, it would be very usefull in the Big Bend Area of Texas where I will be hunting Aoudad in September. I think the new pattern will blend in much better there than the Fusion pattern.

RickH

Lil-Rokslider
I'd like a shot at the Vapor Stormlight Jacket as well. I've been carrying around an old Browning rain jacket for years, it's heavy and takes up a lot of space. I'll use this jacket in southwest Colorado where I live and do most of my hunting for elk and mule deer in the San Juan mountains. It'll stay in my pack all year for spring turkey, shed hunting, summer backpacking, and then for all my fall hunts. Thanks

Paul M

Lil-Rokslider
It would be great to have the vapor stormlight jacket
I have the unpronounceable jacket and it is my go to
I have a lot of first light and love it
Hunting in Pennsylvania most of the time but 10 days in Colorado archery season

Tkr

FNG
Uncompahgre puffy jacket gets my vote. Last September Hunt went from sunny mid 60s to rain snow within 4 hours. The uncompahfre would have been perfect to pack and wear.

Tsnider

WKR
Vapor Stormlight would be my choice. I live in the Colorado Rockies and spend a lot of time in the mountains. I hunt between 9-12000 feet where the weather conditions bounce all over. I will get to hunt at least 15 days/nights this year during archery season and possibly helping a friend during rifle season. Backpacking and scouting during the spring and summer months and camping almost every weekend either on foot or by 4x4. Im currently looking to drop weight from my rain gear (currently the Kryptek Koldo line) and try something new. Last year I camped over 30 nights out in the wilderness, and hoping to top that this year.

1jody256

FNG
for me it would be the stormlite vapor jacket,i would use it durning turkey hunting,fishing adventures, bowhunting whitetails and hogs.would come in handy here in florida.

I live and hunt in Alaska. The jacket that would best fit my needs is the Uncompahgre jacket. As far as the new pattern, it looks like it would blend well in many different environments.

awaldro7

Lil-Rokslider
I would like to win the Vapor stormlight rain jacket! I am going to Newfoundland this coming September with my Dad for our first Moose Hunt. I currently do not own any rain gear and it is at the top of my list of items to purchase. I recently purchased the First lite Chama hoody and Uncompahgre puffy and they have made me believers in First lite gear. The guide said to plan on it raining at least half of the trip, so I will be spending a lot of time in rain gear. After the Moose hunt it over the rain jacket would be used on a 2018 Brooks Range Caribou hunt, weekly bowfishing trips, hiking, camping, whitetail hunting, waterfowl, turkey, and bear hunting in North Carolina.

CCH

WKR
While I really like the features of the Uncompaghre Puffy -- and would be hunting with it on the Uncompaghre Plateau, I have the insulated jacket part of my wardrobe covered. I have been looking at an upgrade to my rain gear. Here in Colorado, there is always the possibility of a downpour or heavy snow, but for much of the hunt you are carrying rather than wearing your raingear. That's where ultralight, yet breathable, jackets are the bomb. I need something that won't weigh me down, but will provide great protection and breathability when called upon. This year it would see duty for spring turkey hunting that would test the camo pattern, as well as fall rifle hunts for deer in Idaho and elk in Colorado. I have always preferred grayer tones for the country I hunt, and this new pattern looks perfect. Thanks for the review and the opportunity.

elkhntr

FNG
Hey guys! I'd definitely benefit from using the Vapor Stormlight jacket on my September elk hunts to fend off those cool mornings and those rain showers that come and go from time to time. I typically chase elk one of many western states within the Rocky Mountain range. As a bivy hunter the light weigh, camo pattern and pack-ability would make it perfect.

himtnelk

FNG
Vapor Stormlight, Where- I hunt in central Idaho, Why- I have the Seak, and for how I hunt spot and stalk a Bears and Turkeys I could really use a lighter rain jacket. I backpack in for bears. Do weight and thickness matters. Thanks

blutooth

Lil-Rokslider
I'd love the Vapor Stormlight Jacket. It would be with me on all trips including backpacking with the kids, fishing, spring turkey, early season bow hunting in Wisconsin and elk in Colorado.

Thanks Rokslide and First Lite!