First Lite Layering

I'm looking to add a jacket for treestand hunting in Illinois. Currently I have the llano, chama and halstead fleece. Which jacket would you add? I like to hunt through the winter down to 0 degrees. Is the Cirrus enough with the three layers underneath?

awaldro7

Lil-Rokslider
I'm looking to add a jacket for treestand hunting in Illinois. Currently I have the llano, chama and halstead fleece. Which jacket would you add? I like to hunt through the winter down to 0 degrees. Is the Cirrus enough with the three layers underneath?

I highly doubt that the cirrus will be enough. I have the uncompahgre (which is thicker than the cirrus) and I dont think that it would be enough for your scenario either. For treestand hunting I would look at the sanctuary or woodbury. If you are wanting to also do some active hunting then I would look at adding a halstead fleece, springer or uncompahgre vest, and then the uncompahgre puffy.

NHRedleg

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Cirrus and Umcompahgre jacket; definitely no. I would say if really down to 0*F then Woodbury or even a Sanctuary. I have a Woodbury that gets me though our bow season in NH 15DEC; and if it dips that low then I add a vest under it like the Umcompahgre or Springer. The Woodbury is super quiet too; much more so than the Cirrus/Umcompahgre jackets.

OP
G
Looks like I'm in the market for heavy outerwear. How do their sizes run? I typically wear a medium shirt. The llano is right on, chama a bit loose.

gansettx

FNG
I generally wear a Large t-shirt but find that their small uppers fit me best. My Northbranch softshell is a small and fits well enough to wear llano and Chama under. I just ordered the Woodbury in small and hopefully its the same type fit. Bean outdoors has some great Youtube videos discussing the fit and you can get an idea of size from them as well.

wesfromky

WKR
I have a sanctuary and and woodbury. The Sanctuary runs super big, so unless you want to wear a puffy under it, probably go down at least a size. Woodbury is closer to my usual size, though it also runs maybe a bit big.

Woodbury is new, so haven't used it the Sanctuary is an like an oven.