First Lite pant camo pattern question

Coyboy

FNG
I picked up some First Lite 100% merino wool pants at unclaimed baggage today and I’m not sure if they are the new obsidian or the old Kanab but the camo pattern is Advantage Max-1. So I get home to look them up and can’t find this pattern on any of their pants. Is this a special run for a certain store or what?

stevevan

WKR
I believe you have an older pair of pants. At one time First Lite used Realtree patterns but they were discontinued.

OP
C

Coyboy

FNG
Still going over the pants. They look brand new. No picks or signs of wear at the cuff etc. But, the buttonholes that let you roll the pants legs up and button them are both sewn together. I can see where the button hole is supposed to be, I’m guessing I can just carefully cut it apart.

Dobermann

WKR
Yep, probably Kanab 2.0s or 1.0s. The button design on the leg changed on some. Max-1 might now be considered a bit old fashioned, but I've found it still breaks up at distance like some of the newer patterns - certainly better than Realtree Xtra or Mossy Oak, which blob out. Max-1 still pops up secondhand from time to time, and there are some leftover pieces at some of the internet sellers; if you're not worried about whether your camo matches, or is 'cool', it's not a bad choice, especially in First Lite quality and materials, I reckon.

OP
C

Coyboy

FNG
Thanks, Im in the southeast so this pattern should be pretty good for the area. Now too see if I can shrink them a little. I found a thread on shrinking and it seemed hit or miss. I imagine the nylon woven into them for the ripstop grid may shrink at a different rate (a lot slower) then the merino wool part.