First Lite SEAK Jacket

BRobinson

FNG
Just purchased the FL SEAK jacket and I'm wondering if anyone has experienced it getting quieter over time or if they did anything to it to make it quieter for bowhunting. Before I pull the tags off and commit I want to know what I'm signing myself up for in the long run. I didn't get a chance to put hands on one before purchasing but everything minus the noise is excellent so far.

I see you are in WA. I am as well. I don’t know what kind of hunting you do but if you hunt the type of area we have around Western WA, then the durability and ruggedness of the jacket is going to far outweigh need to be whisper quiet, just my opinion obviously. I also have the SEAK and don’t find it any louder than any other good rain shell. The only quiet option is going to be something from Sitka like the Cloudburst or something from the whitetail line but those will wet out because the face fabric is brushed and soft. That just seems to be how things go with rain gear. Bombproof but noisier or quiet and an affinity to absorb water on the face fabric. That probably didn’t answer your question but it may be something to think about.

OP
B

BRobinson

FNG
Yeah, after doing some more research that seems to be the non-answer answer. If I get something quieter I trade the durability and ability to shed water. I’m located on the west side but I hunt both sides of the state. I appreciate the response/confirmation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Benjblt

WKR
Just purchased the FL SEAK jacket and I'm wondering if anyone has experienced it getting quieter over time or if they did anything to it to make it quieter for bowhunting. Before I pull the tags off and commit I want to know what I'm signing myself up for in the long run. I didn't get a chance to put hands on one before purchasing but everything minus the noise is excellent so far.

I don't think it really get's any quieter. It doesn't seem to be that loud as compared to some rain jackets. What you see (hear) is what you get.