FIrst lite uncompahgre Foundry initial thoughts.

aaron600rr

Lil-Rokslider
Just got my first lite uncompahgre foundry jacket(size medium). My initial thoughts are it's pretty heavy. The jacket also fits quite large, I'm 5'7 and 151lbs atm(I fluctuate between 150-170 throughout the year) so maybe the loose fit is a good thing for when I "bulk up". I also wish the cuffs weren't so loose and had some kind of velcro cuff to help keep water from creeping in considering this is kind of a "rain jacket" Seems well made but not sure I should have sold my Uncompahgre 2.0 for this version.

2muchhp

WKR
I was looking at those too. I couldn't figure out if it was still a puffy, is it?
I have the original and like it, the 2.0 I read was not as durable. The foundry almost seemed like a Jetstream

OP
aaron600rr

aaron600rr

Lil-Rokslider
I was looking at those too. I couldn't figure out if it was still a puffy, is it?
I have the original and like it, the 2.0 I read was not as durable. The foundry almost seemed like a Jetstream
It's still a "puffy" it just has a 2 layer rain shell over it. The foundry version will definitely be warmer than 2.0 version.

2muchhp

WKR
It's still a "puffy" it just has a 2 layer rain shell over it. The foundry version will definitely be warmer than 2.0 version.
And your thoughts about the packability? My original packs down pretty well, of course into its own pocket which I really like. I imagine it had to lose a bit of this.
At the price it's a bit of a hard sell for me

I have the uncompahgre 2 and it’s the worst jacket I’ve owned. Zippers for same pocket broke on two I’ve owned.

bcar

Lil-Rokslider
@aaron600rr any more thoughts on the foundry? how loud is it with the rain shell? Considering it for stand hunting, but I'm guessing it's probably loud...

slingerHB

Lil-Rokslider
Any additional reviews or thoughts on this jacket now that guys have ran it another season or winter. Is it worth getting rid of the unc 2.0 for this?

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk