First Longbow - Poison Dart

TX_Diver

WKR
Just got this today from Buddy Gould at Poison Dart. Ordered late last fall and it was worth the wait! It's also my first custom bow.

Buddy was great and spent a good amount of time with me on the phone when I first ordered and then texting back/forth a bit. Once my build came up we talked about wood choices again, made a final selection, and locked down the other details.

Riser is Zircote & Paradox Walnut and the limb veneers are sapele. A long time ago I built a speargun myself and I have a piece of it that I'd taken off. I asked Buddy if he could use it in the bow and he was happy to put it on the overlays for me (teak/padauk).

64" bow - 41lbs @ 28" which is exactly what I ordered- I draw about 30.5" and it draws smoothly without stacking for me all the way to full draw.

I only got too shoot it a bit today to figure out what arrows I want to shoot. Seems like 400s w/ 200gr up front will be the ticket but I need to play around tomorrow and cut an arrow down a bit.

Few pics

NECJtnGh.jpg

1lOPVhhh.jpg

2UebsTVh.jpg

Overlays from my old speargun build!!
mOc5nDnh.jpg

baeloth

FNG
Beautiful bow, congrats. I love my my Dart, got mine second hand, but Buddy replies to my text questions like i ordered it custom. I would love to get a full custom from him someday. That is the truly amazing thing about traditional archery; there are so many wonderful bowyers out there making amazing bows that are both works of art and highly functional tools.

OP
T

TX_Diver

WKR
Nice looking bow. Hope she treats you well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So far so good! Just trying to figure out what arrows I want to shoot.

Seems like I'm close with 400s w/ 200 up front and also 350s w/ 250 up front. Haven't cut down the 400s yet, but the 350s put my point on around 30 or so which is a little closer than I'd like.

Taking a break for a bit then will get my wife to video some arrow flight and make a decision.

Bow is smooth and quiet! So much quieter than my cheap recurve (and even my nicer recurve!)

Solitude

WKR
I love those bows so much I own three, well technically two, as I had a custom one built for my daughter as well!
Pretty cool Buddy incorporated you custom piece into the build, does not surprise me with a guy like Buddy.
His bows are smooth consistent shooters. They hit the sweet spot, and are a solid build all around.
Just a thought, but you may consider doing a walk back tune from say 10-40yards, and I bet you will settle in on one spine over the other.