First quail

Northpark

WKR
So being a new AZ resident I decided I’d give the whole quail hunting thing a try. Never quail hunted before but I took the shotgun for a walk this morning. No dog but I still killed 2 and missed about 6 others. I think I’ll have to keep going. It was good exercise and very fun. Never really lived anywhere that upland birds were an option so this is new.F2F5E8FD-9033-4A7A-AA9E-7A2B5DA6A906.jpeg

Buffinnut

Lil-Rokslider
I’m in Globe. Literally went just out of town. Walked around for an hour. Had some fun and went home.
I haven't hunted birds in like 15 years. Used to shoot chukar as a kid in northern Nevada. I'm in Prescott Valley and starting to get into small game again. You are a little far away but if you ever want to meet up for a hunt let me know. I have 5 acres outside tonto basin so I spend a decent amount of time out there.

Frosty82

WKR
Fun birds to hunt!

yW2DqRO.jpg

OP
Northpark

Northpark

WKR
I haven't hunted birds in like 15 years. Used to shoot chukar as a kid in northern Nevada. I'm in Prescott Valley and starting to get into small game again. You are a little far away but if you ever want to meet up for a hunt let me know. I have 5 acres outside tonto basin so I spend a decent amount of time out there.
Sounds good. Tonto Basin is just up the road. Let me know if you’re down this way.

arwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
I don't know if you saw the email from AZGFD but summed up: "Gambel's quail populations this season are at numbers not seen since the 1990s" 😳

I've been out a couple of times myself and it's remarkable the numbers of birds. I've seen coveys of 100+. Fun year to be a bird hunter in AZ. Enjoy!