First set of Binos and rangefinder recommendations

Brehmer22

FNG
Hi All, I just got my first bow and so I’m working on filling out the rest of gear that is needed for whitetail hunting. I don’t have a very big budget so I’ve been looking at new/used Leupold BX-1 or BX-2 for binos and a used Vortex Impact 800/1000. Would that combo work for my needs? I would love to make it out west someday but that will probably be down the road when I have a larger budget. Any feedback is appreciated!

rootacres

WKR
For inside the whitetail woods you don't need big expensive glass. I would try to get a rangefinder that has angle compensation as I imagine you'll be treestand hunting some. When I was in your shoes, just getting out of college, I went to the classifieds. I would buy the best used vortex binos I could afford. Use them until I could afford better, sell them on the classifieds, maybe take a little hit on them and upgrade. Once you get to a mid to top shelf spot, there are a ton of good bins options. I started with Vortex Diamondbacks, then Vipers, then Furys, now I have Leica Geovids. Took me 8 years to get from one to the other.

For a rangefinder, any decent one will do. There hasn't been big advancements there for archery hunters with the exception of angle compensation. The arrow flight option is overkill for what you're trying to accomplish.

OP
B

Brehmer22

FNG
Thanks for the advice. I had also been looking at Diamondbacks since they seem to be well regarded on here.