First shotgun: Benelli sbe3 vs Beretta A400

cueva

FNG
Hey guys, looking to buy my first 12 gauge shotgun and have narrowed it down to these two. I know the Beretta is gas driven and Benelli is inertia driven, but am hearing so many pros and cons of both that im lost on which to choose ultimately. Still new to the hobby, but primarily wanting to hunt Turkey and eventually waterfowl. Open to other options if you guys think there is better, no budget really, just want an overall good reliable shotgun that will last a long time. thank you!

You can’t go wrong with either of them I think it boils down to whatever feels best in your hands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

D S 319

WKR
Both great guns. SBE3 is a little lighter. Should try to get both guns in your hands and see what feels best. You can’t go wrong with either or.

Reactions: MJB

atmat

WKR
Both are proven shotguns. See which one swings better for you. I prefer gas driven and would recommend the A400.

JRS3

FNG
I have had a SBE for many years and have used it for pretty much everything a 12 gauge can be used for. Today, it is primarily my waterfowl gun and it works very well for that. It feeds full power loads of all sizes well but does not cycle lite loads all the time, thus…..

I just picked up an A400 Excel (3” chamber) 28” bbl and am absolutely enjoying it. I plan to use it for dove, informal clays, pheasant tower shoots, deer drives, and general purpose 12 gauge needs. I patterned it yesterday with the factory chokes and buckshot and was very pleased with the “M” choke at 40 yards. It outshot the “IM” much better in fact. The recoil is very comfortable with the XCel stock. I’m going to shoot it later today at backyard trap in fact.

LeftyWilbury

Lil-Rokslider
i'll just second and third what's already been said. both are great guns. i have the A400. it is enjoyable to shoot.
but i also don't know jack about shotguns. there was just a left handed A400 that needed a good home and i'm here to help...

MJB

WKR
The sbe just shoulders better for me.

Close your eyes and shoulder both and see which one lines up better.

JRS3

FNG
Just ran a few boxes of cheap Winchester promo pack 7 1/2’s through the A400 Excel and it was great. The gun is very pleasant to shoot.

tyler155

FNG
Whichever fits you best. Love my benelli’s though. Ethos cordoba is in the #1 spot currently 😎. Love how that gun shoulders.

Long Cut

WKR
I’m partial to the inertia driven Benelli & Franchi guns.

Go shoulder a couple or see if you can try some out at a local range. It’s merely personal preference at that point. Both platforms, Benelli & Beretta are very proven with long track records.

ful25

FNG
The Remington 870 and Browning A5 are highly regarded shotguns in the hunting community. They have proven track records, offering durability and reliability. These shotguns can be fantastic choices that will serve you well in the long run.

Here's a table summarizing the key differences between the Remington 870 and Browning A5:

Attachments

• download.png
    download.png
    32.8 KB · Views: 12